BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
toshi
Fluorite | Level 6

I have SAS ESP installed on Server. I have OPC UA Server. OPC TCP Port opened between SAS ESP Server and OPC UA Server.

I want to use OPC UA Connector as my source for the data.

It is really confusing where to do what.

Any kind of certificate required to apply on both servers ? 

Can someone guide me step by step to do the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyT_SAS
SAS Employee

Tech Support(TS) investigated this. The commas in the nodeid were causing issues parsing the nodeid.  A patch is available from TS to support a nodeid with commas in it.  Contact SAS Tech Support if you need the patch.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

The SAS ESP 5.2 User Documentation has an entire section on configuring and using the OPC-UA adaptor, found here: ESP 5.2 User Guide: OPC-UA. It sounds like you are using the OPC-UA adaptor as a Publisher of data to ESP, which is covered in the user guide. There is a section that describes all of the settings and parameters supported by the adaptor as a publisher. Are you seeing an error message? Please provide here if so to help with any sort of guidance. 

toshi
Fluorite | Level 6

1] I have updated the "opcnamespaceuri" and  "opcuanodeids"  parameters for opcua publisher connector (INPUT) as urn:Yokogawa:FASTTOOLS_UA_SERVER and s_{"0":"Value","itnm":"BALAWALA.PROCESS.HDR1_FLOW"} respectively.

2] Also defined output schema.

3] While testing continuous query we are getting error "invalid value for parameter opcuanodeids".

4] We have verified the same node id from UA Expert (Third Party OPC UA Server Client) and it is working fine.

5] The problem is the nodeid which I want to access already contains comma and underscore which are reserved for opcuanodeids parameter in SAS ESP (I think so).

6] Nodeids are automatically generated in OPC UA Server with which I am trying to connect. So, it can not be changed, I checked same with OPC UA Server team.

7] I have replaced "comma" and "underscore" with 8 bit hexadecimal ANSI encoding (%2C and %5F) in the nodeids since both the character are reserved in ESP nodeid parameter. But still it is giving invalid opcuanodeid error. (Tried this because I got some specification documents online regarding OPC Foundation).

For example, s_{"0":"Value"%2C"itnm":"BALAWALA.PROCESS.HDR1%5FFLOW"} is the nodeid which we are trying to map.

8] These nodeids with ANSI encoded characters works fine in Third Party OPC UA Server Client  (UAExpert).

Now I have a question is it necessary to apply certificate to establish connectivity ?

I have certificate (".der" file) provided by OPC UA Server Team. 

Error Screenshot is attached for your reference.

I want to access data from that OPC UA Server only (no other option).

I would appreciate any kind of help since this is the only hurdle I am facing.

Thanks in Advance

nodeid errornodeid error

Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

Toshi,

Thanks for the additional information. Let us take a look and get back to you. 

AndyT_SAS
SAS Employee

Tech Support(TS) investigated this. The commas in the nodeid were causing issues parsing the nodeid.  A patch is available from TS to support a nodeid with commas in it.  Contact SAS Tech Support if you need the patch.   

toshi
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Andy,

I had raised ticket for the same. I have got the hotfix from SAS Tech Support for the same.

This hotfix added a new parameter called "opcuanodeiddelimiter" for OPC UA Connector/Adapter in SAS ESP.

This was the special case Smiley Happy

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation