Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

updte failed for sas UE

New Contributor

updte failed for sas UE

I am currently running Version: university.cny.sas.com@sas:university-3p.2/3p.2.f23fd5825fb4-1-1

I received the message that 'updates are available', downloaded them and was offered the option of installing the updates.  Every time I attempt to install the updates, the process fails, and I get a message 'The update has failed. Click Update to try again.'  

Is the currently =-available update to this sas version supposed to work?  Previously, applying the update took a few tries (I have been using UE for home work for almost 2 years now), but would eventually update my version.  Not today

Ron Dewar

senior epidemiologist (ret.)

Cancer Care Nova Scotia

SAS Super FREQ

Re: updte failed for sas UE

Hi, Ron. When an update fails and seems to be in a loop of failing, we usually suggest one of two things. You can just download the full OVA file from the SAS site again, which usually isn't too cumbersome. Then just import the newly-downloaded file, add in your Shared Folders (your myfolders on the file system), and you should be good to go.

You can also sometimes try the update from a different browser.

Please see if one of these works for you!

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Randy:

I'm having the same problem.  Can you provide a link to the OVA file?  I can't find it.

Thanks,

Janet

Occasional Contributor

Actually, I don't need the OVA file anymore. I changed temporarily from Chrome to Firefox and redownloaded the update. Now it seems to be working. Thanks!
New Contributor

to reply to my own query:  after some days of having to use safari, chrome seems to be working again.  UE no longer thinks it needs updating, and I can launch a session sucessfully.  signing out from a session evokes a java error, which I will report elsewhere

Ron

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation