Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

unknown app specified to jlaunch:data

New Contributor

unknown app specified to jlaunch:data

i am using base sas9.2 installed on windows 7 proffesional in vmware.when i  try to load the dataset from the sas explorer window it is diplaying "unknown app specified to jlaunch:data " but i am able to open the dataset by going to the location ,without actually invoking sas.why could this be so

Super User
Super User

Re: unknown app specified to jlaunch:data

Could you be a bit more specific please.  It is a .sas7bdat file you are trying to open from the SAS Explorer?  If not what file type?  What does the "dataset" open with when you do it successfully by going to the location?

SAS Super FREQ

Also, @aura, in addition to what @RW9 said, since you are using a licensed version of the product, I would encourage you to contact Technical Support at support@sas.com or call in. 

Thanks, 

Randy

New Contributor

yes it is cars.sas7bdat downloaded from the link in the book sas essentials
by allan c eliot .the same sasdata file is opening when double clicked on
it without invoking sas .but after starting sas engine when try to open the
file from the explorer of sas it is showing this error.i have tried with
the code it is working then why not through the explorer .thanks in advance
Super User

I don't think SAS 9.2 was supported on Windows 7, except for the Education version. 

If you have a valid license upgrades are included for free 9.2 is pretty old - almost 10 yrs old. Since this is a new installation I would highly recommend a new version. 

http://support.sas.com/supportos/list?requestAction=summary&outputView=platform&sasrelease=&platform...

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, good point, @Reeza

Super User

9.2 was the first version that could be run on Windows 7. I know that because we had to migrate from 9.1.3 to 9.2 when we introduced Windows 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

@KurtBremser is correct, I misread the file, SAS 9.2 was supported with the last release, 9.2 TS2M3

That version is only 7 years old Smiley Happy

Super User

Reeza wrote:

@KurtBremser is correct, I misread the file, SAS 9.2 was supported with the last release, 9.2 TS2M3

That version is only 7 years old Smiley Happy

And I'm finally in the process of upgrading to 9.4. At last.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation