Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

unable to create session temp directory

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

unable to create session temp directory

I was working on SAS University Edition.Suddenly it logged out.I tried to Login again and got a message 'Uanble to Create Session temp Directory'..I tried everything..Restarting Virtual machine,Restarted System...Tried to open the link in every browser I have.Still nothing Worked.Can you please help me?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-28-2017 02:06 AM
New Contributor

Re: unable to create session temp directory

Hi Reeza,

My issue got resolved.There is no Problem with SAS university edition.The problem is with Oracle Virtual Box.

It was showing me to download update.I was ignoring for last few days.

So eventaully I tried to  Download the update and after clicking the setup ,I chose Repair Option and restarted virtaul Machine.

It is working Fine now.So everytime,We need to just repair this Virtual Machine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

You may need to delete the VM and reinstall unfortunately. I don't believe I've seen a resolution for this issue yet. 

Some people have success in clearing the myfolders and re-assigning it again. 

New Contributor

Hi Reeza,

I have gone through the previous discussions about the same issue and found that reinstalling does not solve the problem for some.

Still I will reinstall it but there is any gurantee that this issue never happens again?

Super User

No. I think there's a bug in how it cleans up certain files especially when dealing with large files. 

Some people suggest redirecting the work directory to a external location and that seems to help. 

Regardless reinstalling shouldn't take more than 10 mins (assumes you need to download) and is painless. You can even keep a copy of the OVA file if you don't want to redownload. 

Solution
‎05-28-2017 02:06 AM
New Contributor

Hi Reeza,

My issue got resolved.There is no Problem with SAS university edition.The problem is with Oracle Virtual Box.

It was showing me to download update.I was ignoring for last few days.

So eventaully I tried to  Download the update and after clicking the setup ,I chose Repair Option and restarted virtaul Machine.

It is working Fine now.So everytime,We need to just repair this Virtual Machine.

Super User

That's good to know! Feel free to mark that answer as a solution and glad to hear you got it working. 

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation