Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

the table workrepo.carbbev can not be opened because it does not contain any columns.

Occasional Contributor 233
Occasional Contributor

the table workrepo.carbbev can not be opened because it does not contain any columns.

Hi,

I'm using SAS on demand version and I stuck on a problem of importing a file into SAS.

Initially, I create a folder named workreportdata and upload the file into the folder and I then created a library for that folder. 

I use the libname statment and code as in the following pictures.

But the log said that the table workrepo.carbbev can not be opened because it does not contain any columns.

Can anyone help me with any steps I did wrong?

ps the file is uploaded by my professor on course website, so I think there won't be any problems with the1.png2.png importing file.

Regular Contributor

Re: the table workrepo.carbbev can not be opened because it does not contain any columns.

The statment "data workrepo.carbbev;" create the dataset carbbedv in workrepo. If a dataset with the same name was already in the library it has been overwritten.

Super User

Re: the table workrepo.carbbev can not be opened because it does not contain any columns.

Posted in reply to error_prone

You did destroy your data set most likely. So upload a new copy, assign the libname and try the following. 

Proc print data=workrepo.datasetName (obs=20);
Run;

Putting in your own data set name. 

Data <name>; -> this is used to create a NEW data set with said name. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation