Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

seek for help :why would not open the SAS file with the university SAS version?

New Contributor

seek for help :why would not open the SAS file with the university SAS version?

why would not open the SAS file with the university SAS version? Thanks 

Super User
Super User

Re: seek for help :why would not open the SAS file with the university SAS version?

Sorry, you will need to be clearer with you question.  Do you mean that you have a file, within a library area, which, when you try to open it within VA, is not opening and you get warnings or errors?  If so post the log.  Check your file is a SAS dataset .sas7bdat.  Check it is actually located in the right area.  

New Contributor

Re: seek for help :why would not open the SAS file with the university SAS version?

Thanks for kind help. i just download the university SAS version. I want open  several files like that ".sas". but i can't open it . i don't know what's wrong with it? would you help me ? thanks once again.

Super User
Super User

I think you would be best served then by going through the SAS Training on using University Edition:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

There should be a File button top left, with Open and then you can navigate to your file.

Super User

liluluck wrote:

Thanks for kind help. i just download the university SAS version. I want open  several files like that ".sas". but i can't open it . i don't know what's wrong with it? would you help me ? thanks once again.

Are the .SAS files program code?

How are you attempting to open them? If you try to treat them as datasets but they are program code then it won't work as .SAS are usually text files.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation