Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

renew license

Occasional Contributor

renew license

I've downloaded and installed the SAS updates to extend my license for another year, yet I'm still getting a message saying that SAS will expire at the end of July. What have I done wrong? I have two SAS virtual machines, oneof which doesn't seem to work, but I get the same error message with both.

Thanks,

OldSASguy.

Super User

Re: renew license

Sometimes it's still stuck in the cache. Can you clear your cache/history and restart VM + browsers and check, if you haven't already. 

I updated both both of mine yesterday without issue. 

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @OldSASGuy100. That message about your SAS University Edition expiring is generated in the log when you start SAS, so the fact that you're seeing it makes me think you're still running the old one?

What I would do is: 1) Remove any and all of the old versions from your hypervisor (e.g. VirtualBox). When you remove them (assuming you're using VirtualBox), choose the option to "Remove all files" so you won't have a problem with unwanted artifacts interfering with the new installation;  2) Import the new OVA file you've downloaded. (That file should be about 2.078GB, by the way).

Let me know if this works for you! And if you are still getting the message about SAS expiring, I'd love to know where you are physically located and what time you downloaded it. Thanks!

Randy

Occasional Contributor

I get two messages:

the first says: "SAS University Edition is up-to-date"

and the 2nd: "Your SAS license has expired and the software will stop
working on Jul 31, 2017. See the documentation

for details."

So who's to be believed?

Thanks

OldSASGuy100

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @OldSASGuy100. I'd love to take a look at your system if you're willing. I could message you a WebEx URL. If so, just let me know what times might be good for you. Thanks.

By the way, I'd be curious if you've tried to access it from another browser.

Randy

Occasional Contributor

I'm using IE11 as the browser. Windows 10. VMware player.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Learner

Hi Randy

I have the same situation as  @OldSASGuy100, the exact same messages under Notifications. I'd be very glad to hear the solution when you find it.

Regards

Kevin

New Contributor

Hi Kevin, just follow the instructions by RandyMullis: 1) Remove any and all of the old versions from your hypervisor (e.g. VirtualBox). When you remove them (assuming you're using VirtualBox), choose the option to "Remove all files" so you won't have a problem with unwanted artifacts interfering with the new installation; 2) Import the new OVA file you've downloaded. (That file should be about 2.078GB, by the way). Regards.
New Contributor

Randy, it works for me. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation