Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

"myfolders" shared folder was unable to be found (physical machine is linux)

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

"myfolders" shared folder was unable to be found (physical machine is linux)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've searched through all previous threads on the same issue and nothing seemed to work. My physical machine in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm running Oracle Virtualbox

I get this error message after updating is done when I enter localhost:10080:

A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

The "myfolders" directory was stored in the home directory with the path:

~/(user)/Downloads/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders

I've tried sharing both the "myfolders" directory and the "SASUniversityEdition" parent directory. I'm able to set it up it in the settings (i.e. I can hit "OK"), but when I load the VM, I still get the error.

I tried creating a new root directory with the path:

/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders

But gave the parent directory full read and write permissions for all users (sudo chmod 666 SASUniversityEdition). This didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-17-2018 04:10 PM
Super User

Re: "myfolders" shared folder was unable to be found (physical machine is linux)

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to Dennis2018b

Does this apply to your situation:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Virtual-Box-5-2-8-SAS-University-Edition-myfolders-is...

@Dennis2018b wrote:

Hi, I've searched through all previous threads on the same issue and nothing seemed to work. My physical machine in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm running Oracle Virtualbox

A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

I've tried sharing both the "myfolders" directory and the "SASUniversityEdition" parent directory. I'm able to set it up it in the settings (i.e. I can hit "OK"), but when I load the VM, I still get the error.

But gave the parent directory full read and write permissions for all users (sudo chmod 666 SASUniversityEdition). This didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-17-2018 04:10 PM
Super User

Re: "myfolders" shared folder was unable to be found (physical machine is linux)

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to Dennis2018b

Does this apply to your situation:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Virtual-Box-5-2-8-SAS-University-Edition-myfolders-is...

@Dennis2018b wrote:

Any suggestions?

New Contributor

This worked. Thank you!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation