Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

"Unable to create session temp directory."

Regular Contributor

"Unable to create session temp directory."

I am using SAS Univeristy Edition on a Mac (OSX 10.11.6) running the Oracle Virtual Machine Version 5.1.6. 

All of the sudden I am receiving this error message: "Unable to create session temp directory."

Prior messages regarding this error have not solved the problem. I have restarted the VM and my computer several times. I have deleted files from the myfolders folder in order to create more hard disk space.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks.

Super User

Re: "Unable to create session temp directory."

Reinstall VM. 

I think  this is an issue with VM but since it's locked down can't modify. There are instructions on here on how to get around this but it's not straightforward at all. 

New Contributor

I reinstalled VM and updated Chrome and this same message keeps appearing. Anyone knows what to do?

Super User

Where is your myfolders set up? Make sure it's somewhere you have write access. 

Delete all old files that were in myfolders or move them out temporarily if you can and try that. 

New Contributor

I don't have myfolders. I moved the one folder I had shared from my desktop on the SAS server but still showing the same message.

Super User

Are you using SAS UE or a different application? Your reference to SAS server is confusing me.

New Contributor

Sorry, yes I'm using SAS UE. In the Oracle VirtualBox settings, you can add "shared folder" so I can link a local file on my desktop to SAS. That's what I meant. I don't know about myfolders, though.
Super User

The instructions walked you through creating myfolders, the shared folder that SAS defaults to. 

At any rate, I'm not sure what your question is, it may be best to start your own thread. Please include everything you've tried so far and screenshots of your VM set up, and shared folders set up.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation