Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

"No Mapping" error message when I start SAS U

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

"No Mapping" error message when I start SAS U

Hello, I have just downloaded VirtualBox and SAS U and am having trouble starting SAS U. Here are screenshots of my VirtualBox and the error message I get: "No Mapping". Has anyone else run into this issue? I pressed the Esc key within the 5 seconds alloted and then received a "Shell>" line. I am no sure what to do with it. Hope someone can help on this issue. Thank you in advance. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-15-2017 12:55 PM
Super User

Re: "No Mapping" error message when I start SAS U

Posted in reply to lodushanova

Did you switch the OS to Ubuntu? Or make any changes to the OS?

Also, make sure the shared folder is in a location that you have read/write access to, sometimes desktop, downloads or my documents can have restrictions. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-15-2017 12:55 PM
Super User

Posted in reply to lodushanova

Did you switch the OS to Ubuntu? Or make any changes to the OS?

Also, make sure the shared folder is in a location that you have read/write access to, sometimes desktop, downloads or my documents can have restrictions. 

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, @lodushanova, I think @Reeza is on the right track. If you've changed any settings from the default you get upon import, you'll need to change them back or re-import.

In particular, did you change the amount of memory allocated? I know that can be an issue, if you allocate more memory than originally allocated by SAS for the VM.

Let us know!

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis
Thank you, yes, I moved the folder and now everything works. Time to start learning some SAS! Or getting a refresher since college Smiley Happy.
New Contributor

Thank you so much - it turned out to be the location of my folder, I did have SAS set up in My Documents and I have since moved it to a provate folder on the network. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation