Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

"NOTE:ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features"

Occasional Contributor

"NOTE:ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features"

Hi,

The statement "NOTESmiley SurprisedDS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features" keeps occurring when I try and run MIXTRAN macro (from the National Cancer Institute found here http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas) and I can't figure out what exactly it means. At the same time, I don't receive any error messages however, I also don't generate any results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

SAS Employee

Re: "NOTE:ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features"

Hi ksinc,

I believe this error is referring to this statement in the SAS Studio documentation:

SAS Studio uses very specific ODS options and the GOPTIONS statements so that the                  output is displayed properly in the web environment.

If your code has output options that don't work in a Web environment, that code is ignored.

Not sure why you aren't getting results though.

Marie

Occasional Contributor

Re: "NOTE:ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features"

Hi Marie,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry I am very new to the world of SAS and am feeling quite confused/overwhelmed . You mentioned that "If your code has output options that don't work in a Web environment, that code is ignored." How would I be able to tell whether or not it does have options that don't work in a Wed environment?

Below are the other note statement  I receive. I am not sure if any of these help explain the problem? I am stuck as to what else I should try.

Technically, with a Macro should you be able to simply copy the macro, assign your variables and run the code?

The other not statement I get are:

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

NOTE: Writing HTML5(WEB) Body file: _HTMLOUT

NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: _RTFOUT

NOTE: ODS statements in the SAS Studio environment may disable some output features.

NOTE: Fileref _GSFNAME has been deassigned.

Thank You!!!

Super User

If you're very new to SAS starting off with macros is jumping in to the deep end, using someone else's is at least a life jacket.

How did you call the macro? More than likely its an issue with the call statement.

The code does seem to employ a print function that may or may not work in the web environment and I can't test it at the moment, no SAS Studio here.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Reeza,

When I use the suggested call statement (from the NCI's user guide http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/Users_Guide_v2.1.pdf)

%include "/mypath /mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas";

I get the following  error messages :

ERROR: The path /mypath/mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas is invalid because it is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the

lockdown state.

ERROR: The %INCLUDE statement will not be executed due to a LOCKDOWN violation.

Is it possible to simply copy and paste the Marco into the CODE tab and assign you variables and run??

This is from my code (all the mandatory parameter have values):

**** Global macro variables are declared. ********;

%global foodtype vcontrol ;

%macro MIXTRAN

(data=KNMS_shortreport.sas7bdat, response=CA, foodtype=CA, subject=ID, repeat=visitno, covars_prob=sex, covars_amt=sex,

outlib=WORK, modeltype=, lambda=, replicate_var=, seq=, weekend=, vargroup=, numvargroups=, start_val1=, start_val2=, start_val3=, vcontrol=,

nloptions=, titles=, printlevel=,subgroup=);

Thanks !

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe that the "mypath" is not the name of a folder, but is meant to be replaced with the actual path in your SAS environment. So, for example, if you are using SAS Studio with SAS in a virtual machine, then you might have:

%include '/folders/myfolders/subfolder/mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas';

or if you are using SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide with SAS OnDemand for Academics , then you would have:

%include '/home/fred0/subfolder/mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas';

(except where I have fred0, you would have your user name for the OnDemand server) the "mypath" that they use for illustration is meant to be swapped out with the location where you have this .SAS file in your folders on your installation.

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your help. I am having a few other issues now. In order to run this marco I understand there are 4 main steps.

1) download the Macro to desired directory: I have downloaded it and saved in "/folders/myfolders/subfolder/mixtran_macro_v2.1.sas

2) Direct SAS to my Data using libname statement: For this I have tried several thing- none have worked.

Please note Before trying any of the following statements I went under libraries on SAS university and created new library with: Name: mydata

Path: /folders/myfolders/mydata

On my computer I created a "mydata" folder under my folders before creating new library. Should I be saving my datasets here? Or, just under myfolders?

Does it matter whether i use data in excel format or SAS format? (i.e. kenyaD.xls  VS. KNMS_shortreport.sas7bdat, respectively)?

Libname trials:

a)    libname mydata "/folders/myfolders/kenyaD.xls/";        (data in excel format saved simply under myfolders)

b) libname mydata "/folders/myfolders/mydata/kenyaD.xls/";        (data in excel format saved under mydata within myfolder)

c) libname mydata "/folders/myfolders/mydata/KNMS_shortreport.sas7bdat/";  (data in SAS format saved under mydata within myfolder)

d)  libname mydata "/folders/myfolders/KNMS_shortreport.sas7bdat/"; (data in SAS format saved under just myfolder)

With all trials I get the error message:

ERROR: Library MYDATA is not in a valid format for access method RANDOM.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Lastly,

Just thinking in advance, once the libname is sorted, in my macro syntax one parameter is "outlib=" the user guide states,  OUTLIB= is Required. Specifies a library name reference to the directory where the data sets output from the macro will be saved. This library name must be specified in the SAS program prior to calling the macro, for example: LIBNAME mylib "/myoutput/path";. Then the syntax in the macro call is: outlib=mylib.

Therefore, in my case once I get the libname working the outlib would simply be the name given i.e. in my above statements "mydata"?

Thank you so much for your help!

K

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation