Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

programming 1 course - will not go past introduction.

Accepted Solution Solved
N/A
Accepted Solution

programming 1 course - will not go past introduction.

Have Started SAS programming 1 this morning. The course goes past the introduction but content does not. For instance, course moves to the next section [using blue < > (arrows)] but only plays the introduction content.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-12-2015 12:26 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: programming 1 course - will not go past introduction.

Hi:

The Programming 1 free e-learning course is hosted on our server, but is played on your system. I am not sure exactly what is going one, but I can point you in a general direction. Display issues generally point to some kind of browser setting problem.

Depending on your browser or system settings, any combination of the following could cause problems with the e-learning course:

1) using the wrong browser or wrong Operating System for example, IE 8 won’t work with Programming 1; you need IE 9 or higher. And, the Operating System matters…for example, Windows XP won’t work with Programming 1, but Windows 7 and Windows 8 are supported.

2) not having cookies enabled

3) not having JavaScript or the right level of scripting enabled

4) not having popup enabled

5) having spyware, virus protection or ad-blocking software

6) restrictions on streaming videos

7) Internet cache needs to be cleared

The very first screen you see shows 2 main areas:

— system requirements on the left side of the screen

— system check-marks on the right side of the screen

If you don’t see 4 check-marks on the right side of the screen it is likely that the course will not play properly. If your system does not have the right script settings, the JavaScript that runs the course will not be able to load the correct video.

Sometimes just switching to a different browser helps. Some people have better experience with Firefox or Chrome than with IE. Other people have the opposite experience. I have played Programming 1 on all 3 supported browsers on a Windows 7 machine — it plays correctly in IE 10, Firefox 36 and Chrome 40.

If your problem is a buffering problem with the streaming videos, again, that points to a possible problem with your Internet connection and/or restrictions on working with streaming videos or scripting.

If your company has mandatory “no cookie” or “no scripting” policies, then you may need to work with your web admin folks on an alternative or try a completely different computer.

My recommendation is that you reboot your machine and log back on and try again with a supported browser. If you do not see 4 green check-marks on the right side of the first screen, then try a different, supported browser. If you try all 3 supported browsers and the course will not play correctly for you, then work with your systems support staff for more help. You can always try a different computer and if the course works on one computer, but not another, then at least you can compare the settings between the two computers to see where the settings need to change.

Hope this helps with debugging the course display issues,

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Is this an on-line course offered by SAS?

Please take contact with customer support for the training facility.

Data never sleeps
Solution
‎03-12-2015 12:26 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The Programming 1 free e-learning course is hosted on our server, but is played on your system. I am not sure exactly what is going one, but I can point you in a general direction. Display issues generally point to some kind of browser setting problem.

Depending on your browser or system settings, any combination of the following could cause problems with the e-learning course:

1) using the wrong browser or wrong Operating System for example, IE 8 won’t work with Programming 1; you need IE 9 or higher. And, the Operating System matters…for example, Windows XP won’t work with Programming 1, but Windows 7 and Windows 8 are supported.

2) not having cookies enabled

3) not having JavaScript or the right level of scripting enabled

4) not having popup enabled

5) having spyware, virus protection or ad-blocking software

6) restrictions on streaming videos

7) Internet cache needs to be cleared

The very first screen you see shows 2 main areas:

— system requirements on the left side of the screen

— system check-marks on the right side of the screen

If you don’t see 4 check-marks on the right side of the screen it is likely that the course will not play properly. If your system does not have the right script settings, the JavaScript that runs the course will not be able to load the correct video.

Sometimes just switching to a different browser helps. Some people have better experience with Firefox or Chrome than with IE. Other people have the opposite experience. I have played Programming 1 on all 3 supported browsers on a Windows 7 machine — it plays correctly in IE 10, Firefox 36 and Chrome 40.

If your problem is a buffering problem with the streaming videos, again, that points to a possible problem with your Internet connection and/or restrictions on working with streaming videos or scripting.

If your company has mandatory “no cookie” or “no scripting” policies, then you may need to work with your web admin folks on an alternative or try a completely different computer.

My recommendation is that you reboot your machine and log back on and try again with a supported browser. If you do not see 4 green check-marks on the right side of the first screen, then try a different, supported browser. If you try all 3 supported browsers and the course will not play correctly for you, then work with your systems support staff for more help. You can always try a different computer and if the course works on one computer, but not another, then at least you can compare the settings between the two computers to see where the settings need to change.

Hope this helps with debugging the course display issues,

cynthia

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation