Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

proc mdc in SAS® University Edition

Occasional Learner

proc mdc in SAS® University Edition

Hey everbody,

could you please tell me and/or confirm whether PROC MDC works in SAS Studio (SAS® University Edition)?

I gor an error

ERROR: Procedure MDC not found.

Where else could I get the full information what procedures are not available in this version of SAS as we need to plan our work with students?

P.S: Even when I can replicate the homogeneous version of PROC MDC with PROC PHREG, how could I run the Nested Logit model and Mixed Logit Model (heterogeneous case) without PROC MDC?

I do not want to use PROC NLMIXED for these purposes with students. I would like to stay with the choice long fromat of the data.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Vlada

SAS Employee

Re: proc mdc in SAS® University Edition

PROC MDC is part of SAS/ETS software which is not part of the University Edition.  An easy way to check is to use the SAS(R) 9.4 Procedures by Name and Product  doc where you can look up PROC's to see what software they're part of.  The University Edition includes  Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/IML, SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files, and SAS Studio (What is a vApp and how does it work? ).

SAS OnDemand for Academics ( SAS OnDemand for Academics | SAS ) does contain SAS/ETS however so you could choose to teach using that instead.  A helpful comparison chart is available at http://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_us/doc/other1/sas-software-for-learning-107362.pdf .

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation