Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

problem in opening SAS

New Contributor

problem in opening SAS

Hi,

This is Ali.  I installed Vmware workstation 12 player and sas-uni -edition successfully but when I put the address; the message comes on screen: that page is not working. Iattached the image of the message.

Thank you

Capture.PNG
SAS Super FREQ

Re: problem in opening SAS

Hi, @khoay003. That's an interesting message. It indicates that the web server is listening but not returning a result. 

I would first try to reboot the virtual machine (not your physical machine, but the VM) if you haven't already done that. I would also want to make sure you don't have any firewall or anti-virus software which is somehow interferring.

As I told someone in response to a similar note, it may also be more expeditious to switch to Oracle VirtualBox. If you'd like to do that, please download version 5.1.2 from here:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_5_1

You can use the Quick Start guide to help you.

Let us know if you still have an issue.

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Re: problem in opening SAS

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

What do you mean by reboot. I re runed the vmware but didnot solve the problem. I tried to install oracle but I couldnt, probably my computer system doesnot support this program. As tafter installation , when I tried to open the oracle it was impossible due to inaccessibility of the program.Is there easpecial sas university edition for vmware player or its same for oracle &VM Ware?

Thanks,

Ali

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation