Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

[object Object] in my editor

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

[object Object] in my editor

Hi to all

I'm having an other problem with my SAS UE...It's almost impossible to have a program with more than a few instructions because of an [object Object] line that appears if for instance, I hit the enter button twice.

I enter this program :

Data test;

x=1;

r

(I didn't enter the final "un;" after the r - the [object Object] line appears after I hit the enter button after the second instruction. I then hit the r key).

and I'm obtaining this :

object1.png

ctrl+a and I'm having this :

object2.png

if my cursor is after the "r", the "delete forward" button is of no effect to delete that [object Object].

If my cursor is after the "r", and if I hit the enter button, the [object Object] is break in two parts :

object3.png

after a ctrl+a, I'm having this :

object4.png

if my cursor is a the beginning of line 4, the delete forward button has no effect but the delete button hit twice remove the [object Object].

object5.png

the r on line 3 has been deleted too. with a ctrl+a, you can see that on the second line, your having x=1 ;

And I'm now having two cursors...

in fact, at this point, it's almost impossible to work with the editor of my SAS UE...

any clue ?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-31-2015 09:44 AM
Community Manager

Re: [object Object] in my editor

Hi there, we've seen this before. Applying these steps should take care of it, or use a browser other than IE11. If you're able to proceed, please mark your question "answered!"

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-31-2015 09:44 AM
Community Manager

Hi there, we've seen this before. Applying these steps should take care of it, or use a browser other than IE11. If you're able to proceed, please mark your question "answered!"

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Contributor

Posted in reply to BeverlyBrown

thanks !

I did a search but that note didn't pop-up...

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation