Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

my SAS university edition stopped working

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

my SAS university edition stopped working

Hi,

I was using SAS univiversity edition yesterday and it just stopped working. I am able to use the Oracle VM to open and run it. The black screen appears, telling me I can connect, but when I open the webpage http://localhost:10080/SASInformationCenter/index.html and click on 'Start SAS Studio' it opens a new tab (http://localhost:10080/SASStudio/36/) but remains blank.

I have re installed both Oracle VM and SAS, I have cleared my browsing history in Google Chrome. I have checked and I do not need to update the license. Anyone can help me?

Thanks, N.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-26-2017 12:43 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: my SAS university edition stopped working

Hi, @njc_droid. It's a little difficult to know for sure what might be happening. It SAS had stopped working completely, I would expect you'd get the crude white server connection error page from Apache. A blank white page is unusual.

If it were me, I'd probably do these things (in roughly this order):

1. Reboot the VM and check.

2. Reboot your physical machine and check.

3. Try another browser.

4. Assuming you have shared folders set up, download and import a new SAS University Edition file (with the .OVA extension) from SAS and just import it and connect your Shared Folder back up.

5. Contact SAS Technical Support.

It might be that #5 is easier than #4, but there's really no downside to importing a new VM. The SAS University Edition VM is a bit of a black box, so there's no down side to creating a new virtual machine, assuming you have your files stored in Shared Folders.

If you with to contact SAS Technical Support, you can call 1-800-727-0025 or send email to support@sas.com.

Thanks,

Randy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @njc_droid. When did it last work for you? If you go to the upper right corner of the Information Center and select "About SAS University Edition" from the ? menu, what is the version that is listed there? (It's a long number.)

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Version: university.cny.sas.com@sas:university-6p.2/6p.2.688de4662a09-1-1

Is this what you were requesting? 

It stopped yesterday. I have only been using this product since January 28th, 2017.

thanks, Nancy

Solution
‎08-26-2017 12:43 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @njc_droid. It's a little difficult to know for sure what might be happening. It SAS had stopped working completely, I would expect you'd get the crude white server connection error page from Apache. A blank white page is unusual.

If it were me, I'd probably do these things (in roughly this order):

1. Reboot the VM and check.

2. Reboot your physical machine and check.

3. Try another browser.

4. Assuming you have shared folders set up, download and import a new SAS University Edition file (with the .OVA extension) from SAS and just import it and connect your Shared Folder back up.

5. Contact SAS Technical Support.

It might be that #5 is easier than #4, but there's really no downside to importing a new VM. The SAS University Edition VM is a bit of a black box, so there's no down side to creating a new virtual machine, assuming you have your files stored in Shared Folders.

If you with to contact SAS Technical Support, you can call 1-800-727-0025 or send email to support@sas.com.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Randy, Thanks for your thoughtful and thorough response. I had not thought of using a different interface. When I swtiched from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer, I was able to launch SAS again.

There must be some change to Google Chrome, which is keeping it from running now. Odd.

Thanks, Nancy

Super User

[ Edited ]

njc_droid wrote:

Randy, Thanks for your thoughtful and thorough response. I had not thought of using a different interface. When I swtiched from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer, I was able to launch SAS again.

There must be some change to Google Chrome, which is keeping it from running now. Odd.

Thanks, Nancy

This would not be the first time that an update to Chrome "broke" UE.

Super User

Yeah, I've seen this with Chrome myself, it's part of their security protocol I think that breaks it. There's supposed to be somewhere you can click or setting to see it's blocked something though. 

Super User

Did anything else change?

New/update browser, OS?

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation