Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/ linking in Chrome but not IE

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/ linking in Chrome but not IE

I am running a workshop in SAS Studio/UE.  I have been working in Internet Explorer (IE), but this weekend I can no longer open localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/ in Internet Explorer. It stopped working, for no good reason. I get the SAS University Edition: Information Center window, with the nice orange and red Start SAS Studio screen, but when I click on Start SAS Studio, I get "file not found".  Previously, when IE has hung trying to load SAS Studio at this point, I have deleted the "35" cookie and everything has started working again. This time there is no such cookie.  At the moment I am not getting this problem with Chrome, but I am now paranoid that Chrome will stop working tomorrow when I resume the workshop. I checked Firefox and it hangs trying to load Studio after the Start SAS Studio window. So if Chrome stops working, I am sunk. 

I have rebooted several times.  I have deleted all recent cookies in IE.  All I keep getting is "file not found".  I tried using the Chrome shortcut to SAS Studio in IE, but not joy.  I daren't try reinstalling SAS Studio/UE, and in any case, why should I have to, if it's working in Chrome?  It appears to be a problem with IE not being able to find SAS Studio. I can't reinstall IE, because it's a university laptop that I don't have privilege for that sort of thing, and I am in another country (China) to run this workshop, so I can't get the techies (in Australia) to reload IE.  Well, I might be able to via ourVPN, but there's no guarantee that will work, either. HELP!!!

Is SAS doing anything to make life any easier with installing and running Studio/UE?  Sigh... I can't stand the stress.

Will

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-11-2017 04:05 AM
Contributor

Re: localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/ linking in Chrome but not IE

The problem of being unable to link to SAS Studio/UE in Internet Explorer fixed itself a few days ago after an update of SAS Studio, so hopefully I need never know what was wrong.  In the process of using Chrome I found a bug in the random-effects window that the SAS help people are looking into, along with another occasional bug in Internet Explorer, a kind of a corruption of highlighting of program lines that results in submission of incomplete code and diffiulty in editing existing code.

Will

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Set up a backup account on SAS for Academics On Demand Or AWS. 

Contributor

Sorry, I don't understand any of those terms or how that will solve my present problem.

Super User

SAS UE is one of the ways to access a free version of SAS. There are two others, cloud hosted. 

One is running the SAS UE download on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the second, Academics On Demand, is a version hosted by SAS. 

Contributor

Thanks. Won't that mean reinstalling SAS Studio? Also, they often have a
bandwidth problem here in China, so they want to run it on their computers,
not in the cloud. What I need is a solution to the acute problem of my
browser not linking to SAS Studio on my laptop.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Solution
‎03-11-2017 04:05 AM
Contributor

The problem of being unable to link to SAS Studio/UE in Internet Explorer fixed itself a few days ago after an update of SAS Studio, so hopefully I need never know what was wrong.  In the process of using Chrome I found a bug in the random-effects window that the SAS help people are looking into, along with another occasional bug in Internet Explorer, a kind of a corruption of highlighting of program lines that results in submission of incomplete code and diffiulty in editing existing code.

Will

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation