Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

issues in accessing existing sas datasets

N/A

issues in accessing existing sas datasets

Hi,

I have some sas datasets which i am trying to get into  sas studio for further processing. I have following questions.

1. How do i import these datasets into work library or user library so that i can start using them in my programs. I have tried all the options but its not working.

2. I have created a new library as per the FAQ section of SAS studio. There is no error but a note that library does not exist. But i am able to see it in Libraries window. However,when i use it in a program, it throws an error that library does not existing. Not sure what is the problem.

3. Some times, a simple one line statement takes almost 30 min to execute. Any one facing same issue?

Regards

Lakshmi

Trusted Advisor

Re: issues in accessing existing sas datasets

Posted in reply to analyticslaks

For 1 there is already a thread on that

As the sas analyticsu is running an tuff session there is no way to import data c port. Comfort created in the classic Latin single byte versions.

Very annoying missing c.3po with the sas.jedi

For 2 you probably failed in a correct Unix definition to your local machine.

For 3 some statements are not valid in sas Web approach using them can cause a lost connection or you have a loop

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SAS Super FREQ

Here's the answer to 1 from a previous posting: https://communities.sas.com/message/216397#216397

Usually when you get the LIBNAME does not exist, it means there was something wrong about how you specified the path in the LIBNAME statement or some part of the path was incorrect. On UNIX, it could be as simple as specifying the path using the wrong case for the folder names. You say you can see your library in the LIBRARIES windows -- when you expand the window, are there any datasets in the library? There have been previous postings about code taking a long time to run. One noted problem was having steps without step boundaries. My suggestion is that you search the forum for more postings relevant to your question.

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to analyticslaks

I have the same problems that you have.  Especially the run time on a very SIMPLE program.  My question is how to import a sas dataset created in the past so I can crunch the numbers via sasuni edition.  Seems that there are some differences between the university edition and pc sas. 

Any help out there?

Super User

Posted in reply to jenyee7_gmail_com

You don't import a SAS data set you reference it via a library.

Look at the old thread on how to set up a shared folder and then map a library to it. If you have SAS running on a server via Unix then the web version is a similar set up. But this is both different from SAS running directly on a PC Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Reeza, but the threads I've seen have been in a Unix environment.  My environment is PC windows 7.  I've used the following statements with no success:

libname out c:'/folders/myfolders';

libname sasuser 'c:/users/<userid>/documents/My SAS Files';

the second is straight from the tutorial.

SASUniversity seems to be a different beast than other versions

Super User

Posted in reply to jenyee7_gmail_com
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Reeza.  I figured it out.  SAS documentation is not the clearest.  The setup is different from PC.  The libname should be stated as:

libname out '/folders/myfolders';

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation