Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

installation on mac os x v 10.9.5

Super Contributor

installation on mac os x v 10.9.5

Hi,

Could people who have successfully installed the SAS University Edition on Mac OS X provide suggestions? I tried using oracle virtual box way but was not very successful.  Also in the same note, is there any forum that can help a mac newbie install virtual software within my MacBook?

Thanks,
saspert.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: installation on mac os x v 10.9.5

Hi, saspert! I'm typing this on a Mac with VirtualBox running SAS University Edition. Could you be a little more specific about the problem you encountered?

Here's are the instructions from the VirtualBox site:

Chapter�2.�Installation details

There are three steps. If you could say where you are having problems, I'm sure we can get you fixed up.

Randy

Super Contributor

Hi randymullis,

I guess I am not sure how to invoke the oracle virtual box to start a new SAS instance. it was fairly easy when I tried with vmware on my windows laptop. That combination did not give me issues.

Super User

VMWare works with no issues.

Follow the instructions  

install VMWare tool

Download SAS UE

unzip and move to desired location

Open SAS UE folder and launch .vmx file

You also need to set up the shared folder 'myfolders' as in the instructions.

Super Contributor

I agree. vmware works just fine on my windows laptop. I am a new mac user trying to play around and create several virtual instances for installing 1) sas virtual edition 2) oracle 11g. So I went the oracle virtualbox way. Maybe i should try vmware and see if it works.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation