Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

importing sas7bdat file into SAS studio

Occasional Contributor 233
Occasional Contributor

importing sas7bdat file into SAS studio

Hi,

I have a sas7bdat file on my desktop and I met problems import it into SAS studio. Initially, I dragged the file directly to SAS studio and it is said that SAS only accept sas programs. Then, I tried the data step but was stuck on the physical location. I click the properties of the my file with c:\users\onedrive\desktop, and I was confused is that the physical location of the file?  

Super User

Re: importing sas7bdat file into SAS studio

Use the approach outlined here:

https://video.sas.com/detail/videos/sas-analytics-u/video/4664335810001/accessing-your-existing-data...

Note that you do not import a sas7bdat file, you simply use or reference it. 

PS. I moved your question to the Analytics U forum, since I assumed you're using SAS UE and this is a commonly asked question in that area.

@233 wrote:

Hi,

I have a sas7bdat file on my desktop and I met problems import it into SAS studio. Initially, I dragged the file directly to SAS studio and it is said that SAS only accept sas programs. Then, I tried the data step but was stuck on the physical location. I click the properties of the my file with c:\users\onedrive\desktop, and I was confused is that the physical location of the file?  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation