Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

error message virtual box

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

error message virtual box

Can someone please help me resolve this error message. I did already go to my c drive and followed the steps to create my folders and clicked auto mount but I am still seing this error : A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Re: error message virtual box

Hi, @NanaAma. I'm guessing that instead of editing the path for the existing Shared Folder called "myfolders", you are perhaps creating a new one. There can't be two Shared Folders with the same name.

If you can't fix it based on this response, you are welcome to send a note to support@sas.com and we will enage with you to get it created.

Thanks,

Randy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @NanaAma.  Please change Myfolders to myfolders (all lower case) and it will work.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hello Randy,

Thank you, so I went to my C drive changed it and then  edited in my virtualbox again but the error message remains.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @NanaAma. The other thing I would like for you to do is to relocate this to your Documents folder. Having this at the root level of your C:\ drive likely requires elevated privileges, which isn't best.

Perhaps you could just have it called "sasuniversityedition\myfolders" under your Documents and change your Shared Folder to point there.

Please do this and let me know!

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hello Randy,

So I went to my documents created a folder : sasuniversityedition then I created a subfolder myfolder. I came to virtual box under setting I clicked on shared and pointed it to the folder in my documents. I then went to my browser closed it out and typed the url again but I still got the same error message.

Nana

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @NanaAma. Please make sure the Shared Folder is called myfolders, not myfolder (that is, plural). In short, it needs to be called myfolders and in your Documents.

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hello Randy,

Thank you for continuing to guide me.This time I got a different error message. It said it could not create shared folder . Undeneath one of the explanations it seems to say  the folder already exists. Please see the attached screen shot. I am probably doing something very wrong

Nana

Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @NanaAma. I'm guessing that instead of editing the path for the existing Shared Folder called "myfolders", you are perhaps creating a new one. There can't be two Shared Folders with the same name.

If you can't fix it based on this response, you are welcome to send a note to support@sas.com and we will enage with you to get it created.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much @RandyMullis, I deleted the software and downloaded everything cosit seemed I had downloaded things mulptiple times. Once I did that the problem was resolved. Thank you so much.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation