Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

cannot create shared fold under vitualBox

New Contributor

cannot create shared fold under vitualBox

Hi:

From other discussion happened in the community, i got to the know the reason why i'm getting "physical files does not exist" type of error, and i realized that i haven't created a shared folder.

Then i followed the method to create one, but it failed every time.

What i did is from VitualBOX-->setting--->shared folder--->add--->then i chose folder path as'other' and folder name 'myfolders' under SASUniversityEdition

I chose 'auto-mount' but i cannot chose 'make permanent' because i'm not allowed to click OK after that. And then i got this error msg saying cannot create shared folder. This is the how the error msg looks like, can anyone help me with this? Thanks! Really appreciated!

error.jpg

Super User

Re: cannot create shared fold under vitualBox

Posted in reply to peachyivy

try a diff name than myfolders

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It looks like you are getting an "Already Exists" error message. If you look in Windows Explorer, is there already a structure of folders E:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders????

cynthia

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Hi Cynthia:

Thanks for the reply!

I don't quite understand the question, there does exist E:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders, this is the folder created by the software when i install the virtual box to use SASUniversity, and i have been saving my codes under this file.

Can you advise me what i can do here?

Thanks!

SAS Employee

Hi Cynthia,

I believe the 'make permanent'-option is not avaible when the virtual machine is running. Did you try this with SAS-University-Edition running?
If yes, can you try to shutdown or power off the "SAS University Edition" and then add or edit the shared folders so that myfolders is a permanent shared folder?

Regards, Jos

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation