Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Accepted Solution

You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Studio

Occasional Contributor rmx
Occasional Contributor

Re: You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Stu

Hi Caroline,

I've chose one of the two versions you recommended. However, now I've got into another trouble, that is, there is no specilized software that can be used to open jnlp files. Usually, there is a Java Web Starter, as a default, but it dissapeared alltogeterh after the Java upgrade. Please see the screen capture in the attachement.

Thank you

Mike

Open JNLP file from SAS Control Center.jpg
SAS Employee

Re: You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Stu

Hello,

I am able to recreate that error message if I uninstall all versions of the Java Runtime Environment. 

Please navigate to the control panel and check that you have Java installed. Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

For example, in the picture below, I installed jre-8u121-windows-x64.exe and am able to see the corresponding program in the control panel.

Capture.PNG

Solution
‎07-19-2017 08:56 AM
Occasional Contributor rmx
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Caroline,

It was resolved, it works just fine, so far. It seems that the main culprit was a compatibility issue, although, in theory, it should have been. I've installed a 32bit Java version on a 64bit operating environment. It simply didn't work. When Ive realized that this could be the problem and installed a 64bit Java, it worked. So, finally, the issue is resolved.

Thank you very muh for support!

Mike

Editor's note: much of the discussion in this thread includes @CarolineC helping troubleshoot a particular problem.  If you have similar issues, first follow the clear instructions in the first message in this topic.  If it persists, post a new question or contact SAS Technical Support.

SAS Employee

Hey, @rmx!

I'm glad you were able to get it up and running!

Caroline

Highlighted
New User

I was not able to how to use Sas and install it. Thank you for this sas tutorial.

https://www.facebook.com/S.K.R.sukesh

https://www.datasciencelearner.com/ 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 4 in conversation