Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Studio

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
SAS Employee
Accepted Solution

You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Studio

Hello!

Over the weekend, our R&D team updated SAS OnDemand for Academics to SAS 9.4M4. This is the latest release and will allow users to access SAS Graphics Accelerator.

When launching SAS Enterprise Miner, you may receive an error message that "JAR resources in JNLP are not signed by same certificate." To access SAS Enterprise Miner, please flush the Java Web Start cache. This is different from clearing your browser cache, so please follow the steps below for additional assistance!

• Launch the Command Prompt window, type "javaws -viewer" and hit enter

Capture.PNG

• The Java Control Panel and Java Cache Viewer will open.

Capture1.PNG

• Within the Java Cache Viewer, you can either right click the SAS Enterprise Miner application and select Delete or select the application and click the red X.

Capture3.PNG

• Click on the drop down in the upper left hand corner of the Java Cache Viewer window and change Applications to Resources. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A to select all resources and then click the red X to clear the Resources.

Capture5.PNG

You should now be able to successfully launch SAS Enterprise Miner from the SAS OnDemand for Academics control center. Please note that it may take more time than you are used to during the initial launch.

You may also see a message like the one below after clearing your Java cache. Please click retry if you do see this message.

Capture4.PNG

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-19-2017 08:56 AM
Occasional Contributor rmx
Occasional Contributor

Re: You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Stu

[ Edited ]

Hi Caroline,

It was resolved, it works just fine, so far. It seems that the main culprit was a compatibility issue, although, in theory, it should have been. I've installed a 32bit Java version on a 64bit operating environment. It simply didn't work. When Ive realized that this could be the problem and installed a 64bit Java, it worked. So, finally, the issue is resolved.

Thank you very muh for support!

Mike

Editor's note: much of the discussion in this thread includes @CarolineC helping troubleshoot a particular problem.  If you have similar issues, first follow the clear instructions in the first message in this topic.  If it persists, post a new question or contact SAS Technical Support.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Occasional Contributor

Re: You may see an error when launching SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner or Forecast Stu

Hi Caroline,

I 've cleared the cache as requested, but I did this by using Java Control Panel, then General Tab and afterwards the View button.

However, after I did this, the SAS message was : "Unable to launch the application". This message refers to SAS-EM and SAS-Forecast Studio. Please also see the attachment that reveals more details. What can be done, for it seems that I cannot use these applications anymore....Please help!

Thank you,

MIke

SAS Error Message.jpg
SAS Employee

Hello, @rmx!

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this error message.

When you have the Java Control Panel open, please click settings. Is "Keep temporary files on my computer" checked? If not, please check that box and then click OK and attempt to launch the JNLP file from the SAS OnDemand for Academics control center once again.

If that is already checked or you continue to experience the error, please let me know as well as which version(s) of Java you have installed. 

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

<meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
<meta content="OPENWEBMAIL" name="GENERATOR" />

Hi Caroline,

Yes, it is checked. Actually, it was checked from the very beginning.

Unfortunately, the issue / error message is still there.

Thank you ,

Mike

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no attachments.
-##

RiskMatriX

>From Data to Knowledge - SAS and @risk Modeling, Simulation,
Optimization
-

riskmatrix.ro/contact.html

References:
riskmatrix.ro/referinte_experienta.html

Profile:
ro.linkedin.com/in/riskmodels4optimizeddecisions

SAS Employee

Hey, @rmx!

Would you mind checking your Java versions? You can do this in the Command Prompt window by typing "java -version" and hitting enter on your keyboard. 

Please let me know which versions you have installed.

Thank you,

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

Hi Caroline,

The version of Java that was installed from the very beginning is version 7, update 45

I have to mention that , until now, SAS EM worked flawlessly.

Thank you,

Mike

-##

RiskMatriX

>From Data to Knowledge - SAS and @risk Modeling, Simulation,
Optimization
-

riskmatrix.ro/contact.html

References:
riskmatrix.ro/referinte_experienta.html

Profile:
ro.linkedin.com/in/riskmodels4optimizeddecisions

SAS Employee

Hello, @rmx!

Thank you for providing the versions. Some users experience a similar error when more than 1 Java version is installed, but that does not appear to be the case here.

I'd like for you to clear your Java cache again and your browser cache. Please then follow the instructions in this SAS Note to enable logging and tracing for Java and show the console. Then, re-launch the jnlp file from the control center. Ideally, this will recreate the error message so you can then post the logs noted in that SAS Note and any errors noted in the console for additional troubleshooting.

Control Panel prior to launching new jnlp file

Capture.PNG

File path to local Java logs

Capture1.PNG

You can use the copy button at the bottom of the console to copy the text and any error messages. Alternatively, you could post a screen shot.

java console.PNG

New Contributor

Hi Caroline,

Attached is the error message i am getting while trying to log into SAS enterprise Miner.

Could you please assist me?

Error Msg 2.png
SAS Employee

Hello, @agahmichel!

Are you unable to log in when you are getting that message? 

You may find this thread helpful in resolving the warning message. 

New Contributor

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your previous response. I applied the recommendation and I have a new error message.

Please, see the attached file.

V/r

Agah

Error Msg 3.png
SAS Employee

Hello, @agahmichel!

What version of Java do you have? If you have a version other than 8, update 112 or version 8, update 121, please uninstall and install one of those version. Additional instructions are in this thread.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Caroline,

Regarding the Java Console, I've followed the steps you recommended . Please see attached the text and error messages. Now, what are the next steps to resolve this matter?

Thank you,

Mike

SAS Employee

Hello, @rmx!

When I install Java version 7, update 45, I get an identical error message. Would you be able to uninstall this version of Java and install either version 8, update 112 or version 8, update 121? These versions can be found HERE.

Please let me know if you continue to experience an issue after updating.

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

Hi Caroline,

this could be it. However, what should I do with the other Java versions, already installed? Moreover, something was said about version 8.45. Should I understand that this one is outdated and the one mentioned by you works just fine?

Thank you

Mike

-##

SAS Employee

Hello, @rmx!

You can uninstall the previous version. You can follow the Java instructions I linked to in the previous comment or uninstall from within Programs and Features like in the picture below.

Yes, version 7, update 45 is an older version. Version 8, update 121 is also an archived version, but the newest update, 131, is not compatible with SAS Enterprise Miner. 

Capture.PNG

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 4 in conversation