Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Where is profile.sas7bcat stored on Windows?

Accepted Solution Solved
PROC Star
Accepted Solution

Where is profile.sas7bcat stored on Windows?

I'm trying to help someone who sent me a question on facebook.

They got an error indicating that their profile was corrupt. That has been a known issue in SAS for a number of versions with the solution being to exit sas, rename the profile, and then restarting a new sas session.

However, I can't find where that file is located. I figured it would be under c:\sasuniversityedition\folders\myfolders\sasuser.v94 but that folder is empty.

Anyone know where the catalog is and how it is named in SAS UniversityEdition installations on Windows7? I'm using chrome, but I don't know which browser the OP is using.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-19-2015 11:13 AM
Community Manager

Re: Where is profile.sas7bcat stored on Windows?

I don't think that the PROFILE catalog plays into the operation of SAS University Edition.  This catalog stores windowing settings and preferences that don't apply to a client app like SAS Studio (the basis for SAS University Edition).

On Windows 7 systems with SAS 9.4, you can find the Profile catalog at the default location of the SASUSER library:

%userprofile%\My Documents\My SAS Files\9.4

But this won't apply for SAS University Edition.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Valued Guide

Art, university editon that one wiht the Unix version in a VM? 

I am seeing a sasuser.v94 for the sasuser with nothing there. It seems to be running a temorary one using sasdemo.

That makes sense as that approach was setup to run multi-sessions not as your desktop Windows.. 
You are sure about the error for the profile catalog in error message?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
PROC Star

@jakarman: The error using the UniversityEdition thru VM is what the OP told me. I'm asking mostly out of curiosity. I was surprised that I couldn't find the usual system option preferences menu on UE. The site does let one save there preferences and code between runs, but they appear to be saved in either an autoexec file or a bunch of  .key files.

Valued Guide

Sas studio is a java application using the webinterfaces. It is connecting to a workspaceserver in nested approach similar to Eguide 5.1 and up to a Unix environment.  The SAS university edition is just that.

All setting editor config/system are not there (as with Eguide) they are got hidden.locked into lev1/SASApp files. Knowing that part is very different to SAS DMS  it is no surprise to not see thos things. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/68255/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1smy09wkmso6z...

You remark about settings being saved is correct and I didn't review those.  Looking at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/68255/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n18uq9dmz9fhkf... there could be some /opt/sas/studioconfig map 

The user settings are documented.... there is an autoexec option. But nowhere is said where thhe physical location is configured on a per user way.   Smiley Sad    Very annoying for me.     I would expect an ini file like DI studio,,,,  ahhh myfolders\.sasstudio 
in that a preferences folder and autosave folder.   In there preferences a lot of key files.The same for the .webpreference folder

---->-- ja karman --<-----
PROC Star

@jakarman: I'm going to keep the question open for a few days in the chance that someone from SAS can shed any more light on the topic/question. However, I agree, it just as likely may not be anything relevant to UniversityEdition.

Solution
‎10-19-2015 11:13 AM
Community Manager

I don't think that the PROFILE catalog plays into the operation of SAS University Edition.  This catalog stores windowing settings and preferences that don't apply to a client app like SAS Studio (the basis for SAS University Edition).

On Windows 7 systems with SAS 9.4, you can find the Profile catalog at the default location of the SASUSER library:

%userprofile%\My Documents\My SAS Files\9.4

But this won't apply for SAS University Edition.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation