Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

When will SAS Analytics U be updated to 9.4 M2?

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

When will SAS Analytics U be updated to 9.4 M2?

I notice SAS Analytics U is still using 9.4 M1, nearly a month after M2 was released.  What sort of time frame should we expect M2 to be released in?  Will Analytics U generally be updated within a similar timeframe, or will it be infrequently updated?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-18-2014 08:57 AM
SAS Employee

Re: When will SAS Analytics U be updated to 9.4 M2?

The upgrade to 9.4M2 will be released by the end of this month. When it's live you will see a message in the notification center. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-18-2014 08:57 AM
SAS Employee

The upgrade to 9.4M2 will be released by the end of this month. When it's live you will see a message in the notification center. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Regular Contributor

Thanks Erin!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Erin,

Is this upgrade to SAS 9.4M2 of the SAS University Edition still scheduled for either  Today ( Sep 29)  or Tommorow (Sep 30) ? Or is there a New date.  Please let me know.

SAS Employee

Hi Pchegoor,

Thanks for checking in on 9.4M2. As you may have seen, an upgrade was made available this weekend that addresses CVE 2014-6271, also known as the Bash or "Shellshock" vulnerability. This update is available now in your Notification Center. I checked in with our product team and at this time we are not sure if the 9.4M2 upgrade will occur before the end of September. I will let you know when we have a definitive date for the 9.4M2 upgrade. In the meantime, please apply the weekend update to your existing SAS University Edition vApp. See http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/vmapp_update.htm for instructions on how to update SAS University Edition. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Erin

Frequent Contributor

Yep i did apply that update over the Weekend. I initially thought this was the 9.4M2 update but then after i saw the "Release Notes" i came to know it was a patch applied for a Security Alert.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks i just realized that the upgrade to 9.4M2 was released today. Succesfully installed the SAS University Edition with this new update. Everything works well so far.

SAS Employee

Yes, you're correct - the upgrade was released today! Thanks for letting us know the install was successful.

Regular Contributor

Hmm that's odd - I still have M1 and the Information Centre tells me that SAS University Edition is up-to-date

SAS Employee

The new release is available by downloading.  It's not yet been pushed as an update to existing users.  There's an official statement on the Release Notes page but the bottom line is we didn't want to push an update this big on everyone without giving you some tools to manage it. Since this is a new release of SAS, the update is almost as big as a new download.  What we're working on now are some enhancements to the update process so you can see what's coming & manage the download.  For now, anyone who wants to use the new PROC's and other features of 9.4M2 & SAS/STAT 13.2 can download a new copy & either replace their current copy or run it as an alternative to what they already have.  If you point your shared folders to the same place, you don't need to move data around.  Or you can wait until the update process is ready & just update your existing version - we'll let you know as soon as we have a firm date for that.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks Amy - I hadn't seen that on the Release Notes page.

Contributor

If you choose to replace your old version with the new you need to completely remove the old one first otherwise it complains about there beeing an existing copy already installed.

R

SAS Employee

That's odd you're seeing it.  Would you be willing to attach a screen shot or open a ticket with tech support?  You should be able to have as many virtual machines as you'd like.  The only limitation is you can't run them all at the same time without causing some issues.  But having several vApp files that Virtual Box or VMware Player/Fusion knows about is something I do all the time.  Or am I misunderstanding and you installed an entire new Virtual Box or VMware package?  Once you have your virtualization software, you don't have to get it again, you're just getting a new SAS vApp file that you import into your existing package.

Contributor

I deleted the existing virtual machine (SAS UE)  and the problem occurred when I tried adding the new one. I had to remove the directories created by the old one before it would let me install the new version (the directories starting with a '.').

R

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation