Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

What's new in University Edition? Get a sneak peek Sunday night

Community Manager

What's new in University Edition? Get a sneak peek Sunday night

I just came from Building R at SAS world headquarters, where my SAS Global Forum-bound co-workers were practicing demos of our latest software. Among them: University Edition product manager Amy Peters, pictured here (at left) with Ariane Liger-Belair, Directeur du Département Academic at SAS France, and SAS user Sébastien Ringuedé of Université d'Orléans. Amy and many others here at SAS have been working hard to bring you an updated University Edition. I can't wait to share all the details in articles next week!2015_SGF_sneak_peek.JPG

Hungry for news about the new version? You don't have to wait for those posts. If you're going to SAS Global Forum and attend the opening session, there'll be a University Edition demo. If, like me, you aren't going to SAS Global Forum, you can watch the demo online. The opening session will be live streamed at 7:00 p.m. Central (8:00 p.m. EDT).

If you're going to SAS Global Forum

Don't miss these University Edition presentations:

- Sharad Prabhu’s Super Demo on Sunday and Tuesday.

• - Danny Modlin's workshop Monday and Tuesday.
  • - Michael Grierson's session on Tuesday.

Look for my colleagues Chris Hemedinger and who'll be on the Quad (a.k.a. demo floor) to meet as many community members as possible. If you arrive as early as Saturday, head over to the #SASGF15 #TweetUp that Michelle Homes and TriciaA have been talking about. Chris and Anna will be at the SAS Community/Support Site booth on Sunday, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Tuesday, April 28 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Lainie Hoverstad will also be at the booth for during most of the Quad open hours. Stop by and say hello. Also on Tuesday, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., be sure to attend the Online Communities Linkup. You'll hear the latest developments for six SAS-related communities: communities.sas.com, SAS-L, sasCommunity.org, SAS Canada Community, SASProfessionals.net and the SAS Professional Forum.

BONUS: if you’re in need of a head shot for your community avatar, go to the SAS Photo Booth and snap a photo.  You can use it as an avatar and post to other social sites to tell the world you’re at SAS Global Forum 2015!

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Trusted Advisor

Re: What's new in University Edition? Get a sneak peek Sunday night

Posted in reply to BeverlyBrown

Looking forward to seeing the enhancements to University Edition. Thanks for sharing the presentation times. Also we appreciate you mentioning the #SASGF15 #TweetUp. We look forward to meeting SAS Rustlers who can join us on Saturday night! For details and to see some tweets people have posted in their preparation check out Let's Meet Up at the #SASGF15 #TweetUp

Tweet us if you can make it (use hashtags #SASGF15 #TweetUp).

Cheers,

Michelle

SASGF15-TweetUp-Gang-Wanted.png

Contributor

Posted in reply to MichelleHomes

i have summary report and detail report,detail report having date prompt ,this prompt get date from summary report using report linking .

but at time of linking (summary report to detail report ) date variable not found in summary report only in cross tab object.

but its properly work in other object like bar chat,line chart etc.

so whats the problem for cross tab for report linking date prompt

Community Manager

Posted in reply to dipakgopale

Hi , are you using University Edition or SAS OnDemand for Academics? If so, would you start a new discussion by going to this link? You're more likely to get helpful replies.

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Contributor

i have summary report and detail report,detail report having date prompt ,this prompt get date from summary report using report linking .

but at time of linking (summary report to detail report ) date variable not found in summary report only in cross tab object.

but its properly work in other object like bar chat,line chart etc.

so whats the problem for cross tab for report linking date prompt

Community Manager

I'll also have Sharad Prabhu as a guest on SAS Tech Talk, a video series that will be streamed live from SAS Global Forum.  His topic is Teaching Statistical Courses with SAS University Edition.

Sharad will appear on the Tuesday afternoon show, broadcast at 2pm Central (3pm EDT).  After it airs, it will be available on-demand to watch at any time.

See all of the video from SAS Global Forum here:

http://sasglobalforum.com/videos

Chris

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation