Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

What is this error "MS PMincho is not available. Use Arial Unicode MS instead."

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

What is this error "MS PMincho is not available. Use Arial Unicode MS instead."

Hello.

Almost everytime when I click the run icon, it gives me no error(or some error) and a warning, saying "MS PMincho is not available, so we'll use Arial Unicode MS instead".

I did not make any setting for the font so far.

I actually want to use MS Mincho, not MS PMincho, I wonder if there's any way to allow it use MS PMincho or MS Mincho? or where to change it?

I'm Japanese and I'm using SAS University Edition, opening from VirtualBox, and pc is windows8.1.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-12-2017 01:20 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: What is this error "MS PMincho is not available. Use Arial Unicode MS instead."

[ Edited ]

Because of the language setting.

Take a look at what the SAS Registry has to say about fonts.

proc registry listhelp startat='ods\fonts'; run;

I think that SAS/Studio will default to making HTML, PDF and RTF versions of your output, so perhaps one of those is the one that is complaining about the font?  You could try turning them off in the user settings one by one. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is this error "MS PMincho is not available. Use Arial Unicode MS instead."

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/limitations.htm 

• Only these fonts are supported: Albany AMT Regular, Albany AMT Bold, Arial Unicode MS, and Cumberland AMT Regular.
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to SuzanneDorinski

Thanks for the reply.

but I could use MS Mincho for graph label. (I used sgplot and labelattrs)

If it's not supported, why I could use them?

and I even haven't set up anything to make it use MS PMincho, and in that case, I haven't typed any Japanese...

it's totally a mystery to me...

Solution
‎11-12-2017 01:20 AM
Super User
Super User

[ Edited ]

Because of the language setting.

Take a look at what the SAS Registry has to say about fonts.

proc registry listhelp startat='ods\fonts'; run;

I think that SAS/Studio will default to making HTML, PDF and RTF versions of your output, so perhaps one of those is the one that is complaining about the font?  You could try turning them off in the user settings one by one. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I checked the preference, and found out that output of RTF was causing trouble!

I'm planning to use the chart I made with this in Word later, so I'll try to find RTF style which doesn't cause trouble!

Thanks a lot!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation