Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Web report studio Error: User does not have appropriate authorization level for xxxx

Frequent Contributor

Web report studio Error: User does not have appropriate authorization level for xxxx

Hello,

I have craeted Base SAS Library for sasdemo unix home folder location with sasdemo/My Folder meta path.

Registered the table and craeted the Information Map, ran Information Map test run successfully. No issue till now.

But when I try to create SAS web report(list) using web report studio, it says

ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for xxxxx. Error in the libname statement.

I have verified that sasdemo/SAS General Services has ReadMetadata and Read permission extensivly on library and table. 

No issue to create information map, But when i run test run it prompted for credentials, entered sasdemo/pw.

what i am missing not sure on above process? would you please share the solution if i miss any steps over there.

Thanks,

Ram

Super User

Re: Web report studio Error: User does not have appropriate authorization level for xxxx

This error message is usually caused by the fact that the user running the SAS process does not have the necessary file system permissions for the directory named in the libname statement.

So you need to check which userid is used to run the workspace server from SAS WRS, and if that userid has the necessary permissions for the directory (read and execute, if the OS is UNIX).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation