Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Virtual IP adress not found

Occasional Contributor

Virtual IP adress not found

Dear all,

I start SAS in the virtual machine and get the IP-adress to enter into my browser. Entering the IP-adress into the browser gives me a page not available error. I'm using chrome on a windows 7 64bit laptop.

I hope someone knows how to deal with this problem!

Thanks in advance,

Magnus

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Virtual IP adress not found

Hi, Magnus. Can you tell me the IP address you're entering? Are you getting a a Server Not Found or Page Not Found? These two errors are very different.

thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the fast response. The IP adres I'm entering is: 192.168.59.128 and the error I get says webpage not available. I added printscreens of both the VMware player and the error message in chrome. I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Magnusprinstscreen_chromemessage.pngprinstscreen_chromemessage.png

SAS Super FREQ

That's interesting, Magnus. It really looks like your firewall may be blocking access. Have you evaluated your Windows Firewall settings (available from the Control Panel)?

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have tried it with the firewall turned off and it still wouldn't load. I have added VMware player to the exceptions list of windows firewall. There is no other anti-virus or firewall software installed.

Magnus

SAS Super FREQ

Magnus, can you go to the virtual machine settings, the General tab, and select Network Adapter. Make sure the Network connection is set to NAT.

If you want to send mail to support@sas.com and reference the problem, we can further troubleshoot and do a WebEx session if needed to help figure it out.

Randy

Occasional Contributor

It seems as if the network connection is set to NAT, so I'll send an e-mail to suppor@sas.com.

Thanks,

Magnus

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation