Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS

New Contributor

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS

[ Edited ]

Hello All , 

I was following the 4 steps that were mentioned to use SAS university edition on my PC . On the 4th step when i was open the .OVA file using the Oracle VM i am facing the below issue . Request your help to please let me know how to resolve this . 

Just FYI i am using windows 10 OS .

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

Result Code:

E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Component:

ConsoleWrap

Interface:

IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Super User

Re: Error while using the 4th option not able to open SAS due to error (VT-x is disabled in the BIO

Posted in reply to koolsid786

Can you clarify your subject line?

Super User

Re: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS

Moved the thread, and reduced the subject line.

Hot Hint: Just google the error message, and you'll find the answer. This is the most common problem with SAS UE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Yes, @koolsid786, this will explain the error and how to fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7T75Co_dQg&t=3s

And here's info on troubleshooting:

http://support.sas.com/kb/46/250.html

SAS University Edition requires that you have virtualization enabled in order to run properly. Many computers may have virtualization disabled by default. This video shows you how to enable virtualization in your system's firmware. SUBSCRIBE TO THE SAS SOFTWARE YOUTUBE CHANNEL ...
New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi @RandyMullis , 

Thanks for the help . Just few doubts , if i change the bios setting to enable virtualization and then when i start the system with it affect the performanace of system . When i dont want to use the SAS environament can i use the Windows OS which was default obtained with Laptop. 

Will there be any problem using the OS ? 

SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to koolsid786

No, it shouldn't slow your system down. Let's think about what makes a system slow: A lack of memory which causes paging to disk; the network adaptor being saturated; the processor being overwhelmed; and so on. So it's possible for anything to slow your system down depending on what else you are doing.

But simply enabling virtualization in the BIOS shouldn't do any of the above. Just go ahead and shut down the virtual machine when you're not going to be using it. :-)

Randy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation