Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Uploading SAS Textbook Datasets in SAS OnDemand For Academic

New Contributor

Uploading SAS Textbook Datasets in SAS OnDemand For Academic

I am run the examplse of the  using the SAS book "Multiple Time Series Modeling Using the SAS VARMAX Procedure" by Anders Milhoj using SAS On Demand.  I already created a course within SAS OnDemand.  I was able to download in my computer the 6 data files that Author Milhoj uses throughout his textbook but am having hard time uploading them in SAS OnDemand environment.  Throughout his text, he uses SASMTS.  

Thanks.

libname sasmts "\\vfs1\boukaabar$\AASPRING2018\milhojvmx";{this one works fine)

proc reg data=sasmts.wageprice;
model lp=lw;
run; {this ones does not work, one error is file sasmts.wageprice.data does not exist}

Super User

Re: Uploading SAS Textbook Datasets in SAS OnDemand For Academic

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to Kboukaabar

Hi, 

It's not exactly clear what your question is here. 

If you're an instructor creating a course, then you can upload data. As a student you can also upload data but there are limits to the file size you can upload. In SAS Studio, you should Servers Files and Folders Pane. 

1. Create a folder, call it whatever you like. 

2. Select the folder by clicking on it once and then click the up arrow. You can now upload data. 

3. Right click the folder and get the path of the folder. Use that path in your library statement. It's usually along the lines of:

/home/fkhurshed/my_courses

So your libname would look like:

libname sasmts '/home/fkhurshed/my_courses';

Kboukaabar wrote:

I am run the examplse of the  using the SAS book "Multiple Time Series Modeling Using the SAS VARMAX Procedure" by Anders Milhoj using SAS On Demand.  I already created a course within SAS OnDemand.  I was able to download in my computer the 6 data files that Author Milhoj uses throughout his textbook but am having hard time uploading them in SAS OnDemand environment.  Throughout his text, he uses SASMTS.  

Thanks.

libname sasmts "\\vfs1\boukaabar$\AASPRING2018\milhojvmx";{this one works fine)

proc reg data=sasmts.wageprice;
model lp=lw;
run; {this ones does not work, one error is file sasmts.wageprice.data does not exist}

New Contributor

Re: Uploading SAS Textbook Datasets in SAS OnDemand For Academic

Your suggestion worked. Thanks!!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation