Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Updating SAS Studio

Occasional Contributor

Updating SAS Studio

I cannot update SAS Studio. I keep pressing "Try again" but I keep getting the error message:  "The check for updates did not complete. Make sure you are connected to the internet and try again."

Last update the same thing happened. I ended up having someone from SAS sending me the links to download the program again. Where do I find this link? 

Please advise...

Thank you!

Ines Anchondo

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Updating SAS Studio

Posted in reply to ianchondo

Hi, @ianchondo. The file for installing the new version of SAS University Edition should be available soon. I'll post back here when it is.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, Randy,

Is the download ready. I cannot use the program anymore...help!

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, the download is now available. Please go here and you can download the latest SAS University Edition virtual machine:

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html

Thank you for your patience!

Randy

Contributor

Hi, RandyMullis

Can you please tell me how many times more will SAS Studio UE will be updated in this month and before 31 July (or 31 June - whichever the last expiry licence date).  Actually in last 4 months I have downloaded 3 times and now I have started receving notice - You have already downloaded this version... you might loose your account etc. (I have not saved the proper message).

And please let me know how many time in a year Studio UE updates and what is last date of expiry of licence. 

Regards,
AG_Stats
SAS Employee

[ Edited ]

We have three things that trigger an update:

1. New functionality - a new release of SAS or SAS Studio, for example
  2. A security patch or critical operating system update
  3. The need to issue an updated license - University Edition expires 31JUL each year.

We try to combine these when we can to minimize the number of updates.  For example, the 31MAR2016 release was triggered by #1 (the release of SAS Studio 3.5) so we just added the new license (#3) to that same release so we didn't have to go through another update.  This May release was unplanned - we had to do it to fix a bug that was causing SAS not to start.

So to answer your questions specifically - we don't currently have any plans to update University Edition between now and 31JUL2016.  Of course, this could change if some security vunerability or other patch is needed.  But we really do try to minimize updates since it's not only a pain for you but a pain for us as well.  :-)   If you have an up to date University Edition, its expiration date is 31JUL2017.   Don't worry about the mulitple download message - we can unblock you if that happens.  That limit was put in place because we had odd behavior where we were seeing large numbers of sequential downloads from single user ids (like in the 100's) - didn't make any sense but was causing a strain on the servers,

Hopefully we're done updating for a while & can have a restful summer playing with Studio 3.5!  Thanks for your patience.

Occasional Contributor

Hello, Randy,

I downloaded the updated and run it. It seems to be working well, except when I open SAS Studio I keep getting this message:

The download completed successfully. To apply the updates now, click Update. Seedetails about the updates.

Please advise,

Thank you,

SAS Employee

@ianchondo that can happen sometimes after you update University Edition. My reccomendation is to clear your browser's cookies and cache. Once you do that, you should see "SAS University Edition is up-to-date"

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to DaniChiavegatto

Done!

Thank you. However, I had to uninstall virtual box and install it again...but now it is working and the message is that SAS Studio is up to date...

Have a nice day,

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation