Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Update stalls

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Update stalls

I am trying to update my SAS University Edition.  Clicking on download seemed to work.  Then I clicked on

"Update" as per instructions.  I got a "notification"  to the effect that "The system is applying the updates", with rectangle below showing "0%".  It stayed that way for a looooonnnnggg time.  Finally got a notification "Update failed".

Tried again.  Same deal, except it never got to "Update failed".  The percentage never moved off "0%" at any stage.

Can anyone suggest what's going wrong and how it might be fixed?

What details if any are needed?  I'm running Linux Ubuntu 16.04.2 and Oracle Virtual Box

"Version 5.1.14 r112924 (Qt5.5.1)".

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-18-2017 04:58 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Update stalls

Hi, @rolfturner

Your best course of action is simply to delete your current version, import an OVA file of the current version, and import that current one. Then just re-create your Shared Folder to attach your current files.

You can download the latest version and re-import using the instructions in the Quick Start guide.

Because you are storing your files in a Shared Folder and not in the SAS University Edtion virtual machine, deleting the old one and importing the new one won't affect your content.

(The Update process is improved in this new version; you won't experience the benefits of these changes until the next update.)

Thanks,

Randy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Contributor

To be honest I don't think the update has ever worked for me and I've been using University Edition ever since it was released. The best option is to delete the Virtual Appliance from VirtualBox or VMWare, download the new release of University Edition and install it again.

New Contributor

Thanks. I'll try that.

cheers,

Rolf

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics
University of Auckland
Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276
Solution
‎06-18-2017 04:58 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @rolfturner

Your best course of action is simply to delete your current version, import an OVA file of the current version, and import that current one. Then just re-create your Shared Folder to attach your current files.

You can download the latest version and re-import using the instructions in the Quick Start guide.

Because you are storing your files in a Shared Folder and not in the SAS University Edtion virtual machine, deleting the old one and importing the new one won't affect your content.

(The Update process is improved in this new version; you won't experience the benefits of these changes until the next update.)

Thanks,

Randy

Super User
Super User

I was able to get it to update by shutting down the VPN I had been using and connecting to the internet directly with my FIOS router.

If you are using a VPN you might want to try that.

New Contributor

I am not, as far as I know (!!!) using a VPN.

I have managed to get things working by removing "SAS University
Edition" and re-installing (more or less from scratch) as suggested by
Chris Brooks.

Had to do some mucking about, mainly removing directories "SAS
University Edition" and "New groups" from the "VirtualBox VMs" directory.

Finally it all worked and I was able to get SAS to run.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation