Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Unsuccessful download attempts

New Contributor

Unsuccessful download attempts

I am having a difficult time downloading and installing the SAS University Edition. During my first attempts, I was running Windows 8.1; since then, I installed Windows 10 Beta and am again having a difficult time. I don't think Windows 10 is the issue. I checked to see if my processor supported operating a virtual machine; it does. I also meet all the other system requirements. I downloaded VMware Player from the VM web site. I unzipped the SAS University Edition download and saved the files to my Download folder and created a "MyFolders" subdirectory under it. I made the required setting in the Virtual Machine Settings dialog box. When I start the SAS University Edition vApp, I receive error messages. At the time I did not note them. If you need to know what they are, I will go through the download and installation process again and make note of the error messages. After the last failure, I cleaned up my files minimizing the impact of the failure on my system. I really am interested in learning how to use to program, but I need to get it running first.

SAS Employee

Re: Unsuccessful download attempts

AceLand, thank you for your note and joining SAS Communities! I just saw your message posted in General Discussion and thought I'd move it here (to SAS Analytics U Learning) so that you might have a better chance to get an answer.

Super User

You should probably post the errors.

I didn't have any issues with my install, simply downloaded and opened the .vmx and was good to go.

New Contributor

I've given up fro the time being; I will return to this issue later. Thanks for your response.

Super User

consider contacting sasanalyticsu@sas.com for tech support when you do wish to try again, they'll help walk you through it.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation