Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Unable to open SAS Studio

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to open SAS Studio

Hi,

I was using sas university editionfor learning purpose. now i am unable to open sas studio. below is the screenshot of error:

Image.png

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-25-2016 09:55 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Unable to open SAS Studio

Hi, @vinodtiwari10. Yes, it is free. Generally, the license expires in the summer around June. So if you download it in December, for example, you'd need to update it with a new version in about six months. 

It will be free to download again. And you will see a notice in the Information Center (like you have in your screen capture) when updates are available.

Randy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @vinodtiwari10. The error message indicates that your SAS license has expired. The license for SAS University Edition lasts for one year. All you have to do is download the latest version from here:

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html

That will give you a working version. Also, please set up your Shared Folders using the Quick Start Guide on the download site. If you don't, you risk losing your work.

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Hi @RandyMullis,

Thanks.

I need to know how that has expire within 6 month. 

And if i am goinng to download again University edition, is this free?

Solution
‎10-25-2016 09:55 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @vinodtiwari10. Yes, it is free. Generally, the license expires in the summer around June. So if you download it in December, for example, you'd need to update it with a new version in about six months. 

It will be free to download again. And you will see a notice in the Information Center (like you have in your screen capture) when updates are available.

Randy

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation