Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Unable to open SAS Studio from SAS information Center

New Contributor

Unable to open SAS Studio from SAS information Center

Hi , 

I very recently started using SAS university edition. I am not able to open SAS studio from SAS information Center. Everytime i try to do it, i get this error.  I tried clearing my search history and broweser cookies but to no avail. How do i rectify this error?error_sas.png

Super User

Re: Unable to open SAS Studio from SAS information Center

Check your virtual machine settings. You should have only at most two cores. 

New Contributor

Hi,

I am new to learning SAS. Can you please elaborate under which tab and what sub heading shall i make any changes ?

Thanks

Super User

Did you change any settings when you imported the OVA file into Virtual Box? No changes were required. 

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/trouble_error_unknown_status.htm

Open Virtual Box, click on the SAS University Edition, click on settings and then make sure under CPUs it's set to 2 cores. 

Restart the Virtual Machine. 

Restart the browser and try opening SAS Stufio. If the error persists, try setting it to one core. 

If it still persists comtact SAS Tech Support at support@sas.com

They operate on US EST business hours. 

SAS Employee

Hi Amal1911,

There is some updated information about this error that you can read about here:

Problem Note 54002: The error "The launch of the server process failed..." might occur when you atte...

The error you're getting might be because your myfolders location requires administrative rights to access.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation