Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Unable to log in to SAS U

Occasional Learner

Unable to log in to SAS U

I am unable to log on to SAS U.

I'm using VMware 7.0 and I receive the code: 

The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Unable to log in to SAS U

HI, Greg. I have a few ideas about what may be happening. One possibility would be a local firewall on your machine which is preventing access to that port. I would suggest you send a note to support@sas.com to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Learner

Hi!

FWIW the problem that results in failing to log into SAS Studio, with a dialog showing that the connection to localhost:8591 was refused, is easily fixed by downloading the latest OVA from the SAS University Edition web site.

In my case, I suspect the error was caused by a corrupted update. While I agree that the firewall is a logical suspect, I don't think this is a firewall issue because localhost:10080 works fine.

Best wishes

SAS Super FREQ

Gotcha! Sometimes we do find that it's faster and easier to try the other virtualization software (like you did) if one doesn't work. In some situations it's worth troubleshooting, but sometimes it's also best to do the easy thing and switch, especially since we're pretty agnostic between VirtualBox and VMware. 

In any case, I'm glad it's working for you, and we appreciate you learning and using SAS!

Randy

New User

Hi Guys

I am getting the same error message. I am using Oracle VM, and this used to work a few months back. I've got Windows 10 now and this is the first time I'm using this after that (on the same desktop). Should I reinstall VM and SAS?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation