Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Unable to import SAS University edition in Virtual Box for windows

New Contributor

Unable to import SAS University edition in Virtual Box for windows

Hi,

I am getting error as shown below while importing unvbasicvapp__9411009__ova__en__sp0__1.ova in to virtual Box  VirtualBox-5.1.22-115126-Win installed on Windows 7. Please  help.

Digest mismatch (VERR_NOT_EQUAL): Attribute 'SHA1' on 'SAS_University_Edition.vmdk' does not match ('ef1cc3433921e933207caf8f45a20c096942e4ad' vs. '7305d71ded4ee5a98b57fb68544d92c2f9bdc0e9').

Result Code:
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component:
ApplianceWrap
Interface:
IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Unable to import SAS University edition in Virtual Box for windows

Hi, @maunikpan. I think it's likely that your downloaded ".ova" file is corrupt or incomplete.

Can you tell me the size of the file?

Randy

New Contributor

Thanks Randy for quick reply, the size of the file is 2.1GB. I just now found from other posts after installing Intel Processor Identification Utility that my CPU does not support virtualisation although it supports hyperthreading and is 64 bit enabled. (Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz).

Thanks again for your attention.

New Contributor

Hi,
I checked with Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility , virtualization is not supported by my CPU(Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz).
kind regardsNikhil Pandya+919819863746

Super User

Well, that's sucky Smiley Sad

You have two other options, one is to use SAS UE on AWS. Technically you may be able to install it on any cloud services, but you'll incur costs. 

The second is to sign up for the online SAS Academics on Demand, under the Individual group. This is hosted by SAS and has some features than SAS UE so it's nice that way. It is a cloud service as well, so make sure to keep copies of your data and code locally. 

Super User

How big is your OVA file?

I would redownload it and then follow the instructions exactly. Do not change any settings in the VM - and search the error on here. It's a common one but I can't recall the solution of the top of my head. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation