Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Timeline for SAS 9.4M4 on SAS University Edition and SAS On Demand for Academics

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Timeline for SAS 9.4M4 on SAS University Edition and SAS On Demand for Academics

Hello,

Is  there any  Timeline  for when the  SAS 9.4M4  and  Studio 3.6  are planned for  both  SAS University Edition and  SAS  OnDemand for  Academics?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-11-2016 07:58 PM
Community Manager

Re: Timeline for SAS 9.4M4 on SAS University Edition and SAS On Demand for Academics

Yes, I'd guess so -- with the holidays coming up the OnDemand changes might require some more careful timing (so as not to disrupt end-of-semester work), but hoping it won't be too long...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: Timeline for SAS 9.4M4 on SAS University Edition and SAS On Demand for Academics

Hi @pchegoor, I'm responding for @AmyP_sas here.  The plan is to release the next SAS University Edition to the public very soon, in the next couple of weeks.  We've been running some early adopter tests for a while now and things are looking good.

SAS 9.4m4 has some cool new features, as does the new version of SAS Studio.  We're looking forward to getting it into your hands.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks @ChrisHemedinger  on the  SAS University Edition update .    I  am guessing  the  SAS OnDemand  for Academics too  will be update  eventually , possible Next month or so?

Solution
‎12-11-2016 07:58 PM
Community Manager

Yes, I'd guess so -- with the holidays coming up the OnDemand changes might require some more careful timing (so as not to disrupt end-of-semester work), but hoping it won't be too long...

SAS Employee

In case you didn't see the announcement today, the 9.4M4 version of University Edition is now available. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank @AmyP_sas  .This is Great News !

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmyP_sas    Is  there any chance of  SAS  On Demand for Academics being  upgraded to 9.4M4  this Summer?

Thanks.

SAS Employee

Just checked with OnDemand for Academics folks and they said their plan is to upgrade to 9.4M4 this summer during school break.  I'd suggest checking the product page in a month or so as that's where they'll likely post the details.

Frequent Contributor

@AmyP_sas    I am  just checking again  after 2  months since i asked the above question.Will there be any Upgrade  done this Summer  to the SAS Ondemand for  Academics  to 9.4M4?  I do  see some Maintenance Schedules  lined up  on July 29th   and August 1st on the Product Control Page : https://odamid.oda.sas.com/

Thanks.

SAS Employee

Hello, @pchegoor!

SAS OnDemand for Academics and SAS University Edition have both been updated to SAS 9.4M4 and SAS Studio release 3.6. SAS OnDemand for Academics users were updated in the maintenance about a week ago. SAS University Edition users have received prompts either via email, in the welcome screen, or in SAS Studio to perform the update.

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Frequent Contributor

@CarolineC    Thank  you for confirming this.   I  just realized  that  SAS Studio was  updated 3.6  in SAS  OnDemand for Academics.

Just one more question.  Is there a plan to  upgrade SAS EG  version   also to 7.13  from 7.12  in  SAS  OnDemand for  Academics?

Thanks.

SAS Employee

Hello, @pchegoor!

Our R&D team is assessing the timelime of when to provide this update.

Thank you for asking!

Caroline

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation