Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Task Code Error: PowerSampleSizeKey

New Contributor

Task Code Error: PowerSampleSizeKey

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using Windows and running SAS university edition (unvbasicvapp__9411006__ova__en__sp0__1.ova) on VirtualBox (VirtualBox-5.0.18-106667-Win). I got following error message when I tried to use PowerSampleSizeKey Task built in SAS Studio:

"The task (XML) code contains errors. Verify that the options in the metadata section are defined correctly."

Could anyone help?

Thank you very much.

screenshot for error message.png
Super User

Re: Task Code Error: PowerSampleSizeKey

@BeverlyBrown is probably the one to direct this to the appropriate person.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi! I know very little about the Pearson Correlation task you are trying to run (which is under the PowerSampleSizeKey category) but I just ran it and it worked fine. 

I'm guessing that perhaps you didn't input the values the task requires, or input them without the proper range?

In particular, the values for "Correlation" and "Sample size" need to be in a particular range. If you click in those boxes, a hint will appear to give you the range. 

Please do verify that you are inputting the values required.

I can tell you that I put in "0.05" for Correlation and "6" for Sample size and it worked for me. The tasks are well-tested so I don't think you are encountering a bug.

Also, as you probably know, you can look at the code generated by the task. Here is the code generated by my (naive) use of this task:

/*
* Task code generated by SAS Studio 3.5
* Generated on '4/21/16, 10:21 AM'
* Generated by 'sasdemo'
* Generated on server 'LOCALHOST'
* Generated on SAS platform 'Linux LIN X64 2.6.32-573.18.1.el6.x86_64'
* Generated on SAS version '9.04.01M3P06242015'
* Generated on browser 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.87 Safari/537.36'
* Generated on web client 'http://localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/main?locale=en_US&zone=GMT-04%253A00&http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A10080%2FSASStudio%2F35%2F='
*/

ods noproctitle;
ods graphics / imagemap=on;

proc power ;
onecorr test=pearson dist=fisherz sides=2 ntotal=6 alpha=0.05 corr=0.05
power=.;
plot x=n;
run;

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi,

Thanks to your reply but perhaps I didn't express the issue clear enough. The error is not limited to Pearson Correlation and has nothing to do with my input, I didn't even have a chance to specify any input yet.

The error is that when I double click any task  in the category PowerSampleSizeKey, the error message pops out saying "The task (XML) code contains error...." as you can see in the screenshot attached in my initial post.

Every task in the category PowerSampleSizeKey has the error. I am not sure if I should completely delete my virtual box and SAS ova and re-install them again.

Thank you very much for your guidance and patience. 

New Contributor

Issue resolved after restart my PC and clean brower history. Thanks for everyone who viewed or replied to my question.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation