Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Shared folders - "always enabled" option not available?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Shared folders - "always enabled" option not available?

I'm trying to create a shared folder in the VMWare Player for SAS, but somehow I'm not able to click the "always enabled" section.

I've created a folder in the documents folder of my local computer (named SASUniversityEdition) and a subfolder (named myfolders) according to the information sheet. However, when I go to the options section of the SAS machine settings to the section 'Shared Folders', I can not click the 'Always enabled' option... I've tried restarting my computer, removing the SAS Application from the library and adding it again, but that didn't work... I honestly have no clue how to make it work now.

As you can see, this is how it shows up for me; I cannot click on any of the options to add a shared folder...

http://i57.tinypic.com/66dgs7.jpg

I have Windows 8.1, by the way. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-18-2014 01:02 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Shared folders - "always enabled" option not available?

VMware won't let you change these settings if the virtual machine is in a suspended state.  It needs to be powered on or off to be able to make changes like shared folders. So you can try powering it off then you should see the options enabled.  Or you can power it on & do the changes, just remember to refresh your SAS Studio session to be able to see the new folder(s). 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-18-2014 01:02 PM
SAS Employee

VMware won't let you change these settings if the virtual machine is in a suspended state.  It needs to be powered on or off to be able to make changes like shared folders. So you can try powering it off then you should see the options enabled.  Or you can power it on & do the changes, just remember to refresh your SAS Studio session to be able to see the new folder(s). 

New Contributor

Thanks, it worked to turn it on! I thought it was supposed to be turned off, according to the guide, but apparently not. Still haven't figured out how to add my library and read the data, but I'll figure that out later somehow. :smileysilly:

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation