Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Service Temporarily Unavailable error 503 - SAS University

New Contributor

Service Temporarily Unavailable error 503 - SAS University

Hello,

I am having problems starting SAS University for the first time. On a Mac, using virtual box. Everything seems fine until I enter the adddress into the browser which successfully takes me to the SAS Infomation Centre screen where I click on 'Start SAS Studio' and then get the error message. 

I have tried trouble shooting (checked settings in virtual box, re-installed SAS and re-added to virtual box, and read the instructions). Could it be a problem with virtual box? Should I try another program? VM?

SAS Employee

Re: Service Temporarily Unavailable error 503 - SAS University

Thanks for reporting this - and thanks to all who have opened tech support tracks.  We've been able to reproduce this and have discovered an error that seems to have only surfaced when the VM aged beyond 30 days.  R&D is working on a fix and we hope to have a update to deliver very soon.  Will keep you posted...

New Contributor

Thanks! What do you mean by the VM aged beyond 30 days?

SAS Employee

Sorry!  It's nothing you did.  The new release came out a bit more than 30 days ago and there's something going on with the logs inside the VM that didn't show up until this much time had passed.  I don't have the details yet since they're still working on it.  But wanted to post quickly since I don't want folks re-installing or doing anything unnecessarily until we know how to fix it.

Senior User

Are there any older available version of virtual machine to download on the site?

Learner

Posted in reply to rafaelraposo

Yes, there is an older version available, but it does not seem to help: error 503 with VirtualBox 5.0.20, same error 503 with VirtualBox 4.3.38. Using Mac OS X 10.11.4 and the newest SAS University Edition file.

Senior User

I got the same error. So i looked up:

/opt/sasinside/thirdparty/webserver/servers/SASRouter/access_log

and found the following error message:

[Mon May 02 15:56:19 2016] [error] [client 10.0.2.2] Could not load Puppet: no such file to load -- puppet, referer: http://localhost:10080/SASInformationCenter/index.html

Unfortunately i don't know much about puppet so don't know where to look next.

New Contributor

I just reformanted my laptop, and installed virtual Box and SAS U. I was getting annoyed and reinstalled it and also re-download it. It looks like there is problem. Kind of strange that it work on my other laptop and before on the same laptop.

I hope you get it fixed. I will leave it alone now.

Occasional Contributor

Am having the same problem

User oki
User

I have same issue. Hope you guys could fix it very well.

New Contributor HO
New Contributor

SAS is helping me with the same problem en this should be the solution:

We have identified this as an issue that is currently effecting SAS University Edition and are currently working on a fix for this issue.  A new version of SAS University Edition will be released once this fix has been finalized and all download links will be updated at the same time.

If you have pressing assignment that must be completed a workaround to this issue would be as follows:

Import a fresh SAS University Edition vApp, setting your date back to March 28th or earlier, and then running SAS University Edition.  This will allow you to access SAS Studio. You may change your date back to the current date after you are done, but be sure to change the date to March 28th or earlier before you start up the SAS University Edition.

I tried the workaround but now i'm facing a new error while signing in: The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code

Does this apply to somebody else as well?

New Contributor

Same situation.  With workaround I get error "The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code."  Also note that when I log onto localhost:10080 the notification for checking updates reads

The check for updates did not complete. Make sure you are connected to the internet and try again.

New Contributor

tried again after setting my date back to normal and I get
"The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused"
New Contributor HO
New Contributor

Mine is working fine now. I set the date exactly at march 28, i waited for the updatecheck to be finished and i reset myfolders.
New Contributor

Mine works now too with altered date. Had to set exactly on March 28 not before (tried March 3 before).  Thanks.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 in conversation