Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Sas studio sashelp library

New Contributor

Sas studio sashelp library

good evening,
I started a course at the university where we use sas, and I would like to practice at home, so I use sas studio. Our Professor gave us an homework where we need sashelp.demographics dataset, but i can't find it in sas studio. How/where can I find it? Is it in sas studio?

Super User

Re: Sas studio sashelp library

run this and see if this exists in the list

proc contents data=sashelp._all_ nods;
run;

New Contributor

Posted in reply to novinosrin

thank you, but unfortunatley it's not there

Super User

[ Edited ]

It should be in there by default already.

What happens when you run the following, include the log in your response please.

proc means data=sashelp.demographics; 
run;

@mat97 wrote:

good evening,
I started a course at the university where we use sas, and I would like to practice at home, so I use sas studio. Our Professor gave us an homework where we need sashelp.demographics dataset, but i can't find it in sas studio. How/where can I find it? Is it in sas studio?

New Contributor

thank you, but it's says that sashelp.demographics does not exist

Valued Guide

I've noticed that SAS University Edition (which I presume you're using) doesn't contain all the files normally found in the SASHELP library and DEMOGRAPHICS is one of the missing ones. The good news however is that it is contained in the SASHELP library in SAS OnDemand for Academics which is similarly free and available to lifelong and independent users.

You can register for it here -> https://www.sas.com/en_gb/software/on-demand-for-academics.html and you'll find it contains more Proc than SAS UE but you will need an Internet connection to use it as it's cloud based.

New Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

thank you, i'll try this

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation