Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Sas University Edition can be integrate with .Net?

Learner

Sas University Edition can be integrate with .Net?

[ Edited ]

I am planning to show SAS report in my .Net project. Is it possible to integrate SAS University Edition to .Net.

Super User

Re: Sas University Edition can be integrate with .Net?

Quick answer: no.

The only interface to the SAS UE that you have is the 10080 port that connects to the internal webserver of the virtual machine (and the shared folder in the filesystem, but that won't help you). All other SAS communication (metadata, workspace server) runs internally in the VM.

So you have nothing to connect to from .net.

In the same vein, you also can't use a locally (on your desktop) installed Enterprise Guide to connect to SAS UE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

Possibly by leveraging Jupyter interface. 

You can also find the SAS kernel on Github for integration with other software. 

Someome told me today that you could integrate UE with R...which I didn't think was possible. So maybe worth a shot. 

Super User
Super User

I think the question here is not so much techincal, but a license thing.  SAS UE is developed as a free learning tool so that you can learn to use the SAS system.  It is not designed as a fully working tool, for that you/your company would need to buy a proper license.  Then you would be able to do these kinds of things.  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation