Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Sas License got expired

Occasional Contributor

Sas License got expired

Hi,

Please guide me step by step how get my sas studio working as my license got expired .

how can i make it work again.

Do i need to re-install or update.

Thanks,

Anusha.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Sas License got expired

Hi, @anushagandla. Since your license is expired, the quickest and easiest thing at this point would probably to download and install SAS University Edition again. It will have a new license that will be good for a year.

You can download it from here:

https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html

The Quick Start guide for Windows and VirtualBox is here:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/docs/en/SASUniversityEditionQuickStartVi...

There are other Quick Start guides on the download page if you are using the Macintosh or VMWare.

Please don't neglect to re-establish your Shared Folder. Also, I would recommend not deleting your old SAS University Edition virtual machine until the new one is up and running and you have your Shared Folder attached.

Regards,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Thanks much for the immediate reply.

Please help me with this:

When clicked on the file "VMware-player-12.0.0-2985596"  (VMWare Workstation Player file)

it is giving me this error "This product does not support downgrades"  , what does this mean and how to proceed with the downloading.

Thanks,

Anusha

Super User

You don't reinstall the VM software. 

Download a new OVA file from the Analytics U site.

Shut down the vM and delete it from Oracle Virtual Box.

Add the new file downloaded and set up the shared folder as you did previously and to the same location. 

Then start it up.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation