Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SASMACR catalog

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SASMACR catalog

In SAS University Edition, where are session compiled macros stored? (I don't seem to find a SASMACR catalog in WORK library.)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-14-2016 11:25 PM
Super Contributor

Re: SASMACR catalog

It appears that in SAS University Edition compiled macros aren't stored in a SASMACR catalog but in a catalog called SASMAC1 in work. I believe this is true for any macro compiled on a workspace server http://support.sas.com/kb/36/360.html - moreover the my libraries dropdown to the left of the University Edition window doesn't display catalogs.

You can test this with the following code

%macro whereami;
	%put _all_;
%mend whereami;

proc sql;
	select *
	from dictionary.catalogs
	where objname='WHEREAMI';
quit;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-14-2016 11:25 PM
Super Contributor

It appears that in SAS University Edition compiled macros aren't stored in a SASMACR catalog but in a catalog called SASMAC1 in work. I believe this is true for any macro compiled on a workspace server http://support.sas.com/kb/36/360.html - moreover the my libraries dropdown to the left of the University Edition window doesn't display catalogs.

You can test this with the following code

%macro whereami;
	%put _all_;
%mend whereami;

proc sql;
	select *
	from dictionary.catalogs
	where objname='WHEREAMI';
quit;
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

Thanks, Chris, for your helpful explanation.

I hope in the next update of SAS Univ. Edition, we'll be able to see catalogs listed under the libnames.

Regards, Arthur.

SAS Employee

We have some technical challenges navigating and editing catalog entries in SAS Studio.  What is available are some code snippets to allow you to display catalogs and their entries and to do some basic manipulation.  If you expand Snippets & then the Catalogs folder, you should see them.  And you can see explanations of what each does in the SAS Studio User's Guide.  

If you're trying to do something with a catalog or catalog entry that you can't do with the snippet, please post it so we work on adding that functionality.  Thanks!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation