Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS university edition - SAS Studio stuck on initializing

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS university edition - SAS Studio stuck on initializing

Hi,

I am using windows-7 64 bit version. 

I have installed Oracle VM virutal box 5.2.12 and sas university edition Version: university.cny.sas.com@sas:university-6p.2/6p.2.5be350ea99d3-1-1.

For two days I was able to start SAS Studio and work with the GUI.

For the whole of today I have not been able to connect to SAS Studio and its stuck on "Initializing...:.

I have done re-installing the *.ova file, checked if the shared folders exist, VT-x/AMD-V are active but still I am not able to connect .

Using  TCP-view I am noticing that all the connections to aws have closed down, is this an issue or is it the expected behaviour ?

How can I check if the SAS server is up and unning on the AWS , is there a tool/web service that I can use to check the status of the SAS server ?

At this stage what are the possible errors that I can notice in the log , if SAS Studio is stuck on "Initializing..."?

Hope somebody has some suggestions .

Thanks 

jana

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-03-2018 02:57 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS university edition - SAS Studio stuck on initializing

Posted in reply to ariyurjana

If you are using Chrome and it recently updated to v67, I'm pretty sure you are encountering this:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/SAS-Studio-Status-check-stuck-in-Initializing-after-click-...

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Issue-with-SAS-Studio-on-Chrome-v67/m-p/466242

We are working on a resolution for the issue above.  In the meantime, I suggest using a different browser or a version of Chrome prior to v67.

Casey

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

Sometimes virtual box update might cause an issue, try reverting back to the older version of Virtual Box and see if that resolves. Also try clearing cookie, not sure if this might be a problem. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran
New Contributor

Posted in reply to SuryaKiran

Hi Surya,

The problem was with version 67 of chrome.

I changed my browser to firefox and SAS Studio now opens succesfully.

thanks for your reply and help.

regards

jana

Solution
‎07-03-2018 02:57 PM
SAS Super FREQ

If you are using Chrome and it recently updated to v67, I'm pretty sure you are encountering this:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/SAS-Studio-Status-check-stuck-in-Initializing-after-click-...

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Issue-with-SAS-Studio-on-Chrome-v67/m-p/466242

We are working on a resolution for the issue above.  In the meantime, I suggest using a different browser or a version of Chrome prior to v67.

Casey

New Contributor

Posted in reply to CaseySmith

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your reply and that did it, now I can start SAS Studio successfully.

Monday and tuesday this setup was working and friday all of sudden it didnt work. As chrome updated itself to version 67, I  started having trouble. I changed the browser to firefox and SAS studio launced successfully.

Appreciate your help.

regards

jana

Super User

You're referencing both SAS UE on your local drive and the AWS version. They are entirely separate and unconnected. SAS UE runs locally directly on your machine and does not require an internet connection, except for the initial installation.  

Are you trying to use either in this case? 

New Contributor

Hi Reeza,

I was clueless as to what was happening and also didnt know what model SAS used to deliver this service.

I was thinking the virtual box will run SAS Studio but will need something from AWS to set itself up. It was stuck on Initialization coz this link with AWS was not successfull. Also sometimes I got 503 error service temporarily down which kind of made situations uncertain.

My thinking was SAS Studio will run on local and on demand will go to AWS to access  SAS UE for core functionality.

To clarify  I am not running a seperate instance of AWS with SAS UE version.

I am running ORacle virtual box, imported the *.ova file, setup the shared the folder and trying to access SAS. 

Hope I am clear.

Anyway the situation has been resolved. I was using chrome version 67 which is causing problems as reported by the other member.

I used firefox and have successfully launched SAS studio.

thanks for your help and reply.

regards

jana

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation