Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS studio running imaginary typos....

New Contributor

SAS studio running imaginary typos....

I'm having a problem where what I highlight in SAS studio and what it shows in the log are not matching. For instance, the log will show that the data line in the data step was not highlighted or that format was spelled ormat - even though these look correct in the code. Of course, it says these are errors, but I can't fix them because they look correct in the code. After I run the code, there will seem to be "ghost code"  - a different color text written directly under the code, but with the typos from the log. At this point, the program is useless to me. Any suggestions?

Super User

Re: SAS studio running imaginary typos....

If you could show a picture it might help.

Something to consider: Did you copy this code from some other source? Some sources may include appearance items that aren't displayed in the editor but do not execute correctly. Double byte character sets and such.

If you RETYPE one of the affected lines of code - no copy or paste, retype from scratch, does this behavior continue?

Or copy into a pure text editor like Notepad and see if the text looks "odd".

New Contributor

Thanks. This was a SAS program I had previously used in stand alone SAS and was trying out in SAS studio, so that might be part of the issue. I'll try retyping and see if I can get a screenshot.

Super User

I see this behaviour in Safari - use Chrome or Firefox as a browser instead to avoid it.

New Contributor

I'm using Chrome. I think it was the issue of old formatting; now that I've logged out and logged back in, it seems to be running fine - and the interface works really nicely! Just a good thing to know next time I use an exisiting program.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation