Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS on demand hung trying to open a file

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS on demand hung trying to open a file

I am using SAS on Demand for Academics. I double clicked on a SAS dataset containing 1000 rows and 10 columns. The window with a spinning circle "Opening a file" appeared and has been there for over 24 hours. I have tried waiting, closing the browser, turning off the computer, clicking around in the SAS studio window (which is useless, everything is grayed out), and am unable to do anything.

Help, please. I have not see any other posts about how to fix this. 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-21-2017 10:28 AM
New Contributor

Re: SAS on demand hung trying to open a file

Posted in reply to nshaver1v

If the same thing happens to you, here is what SAS support suggested to attempt to fix this one your own (they fixed it for me):

1. Clear your cache and cookies

2. Try logging into SAS Studio in Mozilla Firefox. When you see the table attempting to load, go ahead and  stop the page from loading (click the X beside the url)

3. Click on your preferences -> click "Edit Autoexec file" -> verify that there are no files running (if there are go ahead and stop/delete those)

4. Log out and log back into SAS Studio (If the table is still loading the next time you log into SAS Studio perform step 2 and close your browser. Then attempt to log into SAS Studio in a couple of hours)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

You logged out, back in and it's still stuck there? Contact SAS Tech Support. 

New Contributor

I am unable to do anything in the "SAS studio" window, so I cannot sign out from that window. I have tried signing out from the SAS OnDemand for Academics window, but that has no effect.
Solution
‎01-21-2017 10:28 AM
New Contributor

If the same thing happens to you, here is what SAS support suggested to attempt to fix this one your own (they fixed it for me):

1. Clear your cache and cookies

2. Try logging into SAS Studio in Mozilla Firefox. When you see the table attempting to load, go ahead and  stop the page from loading (click the X beside the url)

3. Click on your preferences -> click "Edit Autoexec file" -> verify that there are no files running (if there are go ahead and stop/delete those)

4. Log out and log back into SAS Studio (If the table is still loading the next time you log into SAS Studio perform step 2 and close your browser. Then attempt to log into SAS Studio in a couple of hours)

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation